Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEC Examiner Forms

• 11-01-2015 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I've just spotted that the deadline for applications to be written examiner for this summer's exam was a month ago!

Were forms sent out to schools this year? I didn't come across any :S

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes they were sent to schools. Send in an application anyway. You might be lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

teach432 wrote: »
    I've just spotted that the deadline for applications to be written examiner for this summer's exam was a month ago!

Were forms sent out to schools this year? I didn't come across any :S

I don't know if all schools hand them out to staff. No sign or mention of them in my staffroom this year. A friends let me know they were online.

Never hurts to send in an application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Loads of people I know have sent in late applications and been appointed.

It all depends on the number of applicants before closing date Vs how many correctors are needed. Also, lots of last years panel receive automatic re-application forms and just sign them and send off. Realistically, a large number of people will change their mind as it gets nearer to June and more positions will become available then.

I've had friends call the day before conference too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I applied late last year and was appointed so definitely send the form off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 teach432

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will apply late in that case. The SEC called for more examiners to apply last year in some subjects anyway if I remember correctly so I might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MTAG

Hi, I applied for a position of written examiner early last December, just wondering if I should have heard back from SEC by now?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

MTAG wrote: »
    Hi, I applied for a position of written examiner early last December, just wondering if I should have heard back from SEC by now?

Thanks

Could be as late as April or May you might hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MTAG

Thats good to hear, thanks Spurious!!

Advertisement