Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fading/Blurring

Options
  • 11-01-2015 4:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I hope to get started on a black/white/grey sleeve. I am worried though about fading with the tattoo. I hope to get Remis to do it for me and I see that his work is of the highest quality. To what extent would the work fade and will the tattoo survive in tact for as long as I do?! I understand that some fading is inevitable but I want to gauge by how much if at all possible!

Thanks for the advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

'Thank jebus there isn a search function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It will obviously fade a bit as you age, but if you look after it properly, you'll be grand.

I've one that's 8 years old and hasn't started fading yet.

Just keep them out of sunlight, use suncream or sunblock when you have to go into bright sunny weather, and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jesus loves me

Hey, I did a search all right and had a look back through previous posts so I am aware that the
    tattoo will fade and the steps to reduce the effects of this. Thanks for the reply jingle balls

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. I've read that remis's style of tattooing with the realism
    and detail will fade very soon after having the tattoo done . I'm just a bit spooked by the idea of getting a tattoo that looks deadly for five or six years then turns to ****e after that.

I have an example of a sleeve in mind but boards won't let me link it because I have very few posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It is true that stuff without a definitive outline, that most realistic tattoos don't have, will lose it's sharpness that it once had. Ink bleeds over time and the lines help to keep it in shape somewhat. I have two portraits done by Remis in 2011. Still in great shape, could use a touch up here and there though. And there is always the option of touch ups. It shouldn't sway you away from getting something by him, or his style. All tattoos need touch ups eventually, if you want them to sparkle like they did the day you got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jesus loves me

Hey Abidoo,

Thanks for the reply! Think I will go for it so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement