Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Winds/Severe Gusts January 14/15th 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Villain wrote: »
    80.6 km/h 3:38pm at my station in Tullow which is not high

What are we likely to see here in Carlow?

Its fairly blustery out at the moment but its backed off significantly in the last 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gusting near 60 KPH in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Dollseyes wrote: »
    I have my candles and torch ready for later. Everything that can be nailed down is done. Phone and laptop is currently charging incase of power outage..

Stay safe everyone!!

Mayo for sam 2015... 💚 ❤️

Just wondering, what size nails?? You know, for a Dolls House

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

As has already been said,If you have not done so already now is the time to charge phones,laptops,have torches-candles-matches ready and take special care with candles as the emergency services will be busy enough without house fires becoming a problem,

Where i am in south east Kerry the wind picked up from a slight breeze to fairly stormy and wet over the space of 3 hours.
    Just think i saw a flash of lightning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gusts increasing here in Enniscorthy,off to work now.Could be an interesting drive home later.Be safe folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

When will the strongest winds be for the Cork City area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

leahyl wrote: »
    When will the strongest winds be for the Cork City area?

Good question. Doesn't seem too bad here in Mahon point right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Fill a few flasks with boiling water too. Might come in handy for tea/coffee/filling a hot water bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

zerks wrote: »
    Gusts increasing here in Enniscorthy,off to work now.Could be an interesting drive home later.Be safe folks.

Mind urself zerks just went out to get briquettes here in ferns the wind is bad already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Very wild and wet here in west Kerry. Was windy all day but has worsened gradually and is howling "nicely" now. Trees are taking a right hammering, and the lights have flickered a few times. Could be a long night if the worst is due after midnight or so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    As has already been said,If you have not done so already now is the time to charge phones,laptops,have torches-candles-matches ready and take special care with candles as the emergency services will be busy enough without house fires becoming a problem,

Where i am in south east Kerry the wind picked up from a slight breeze to fairly stormy and wet over the space of 3 hours.
    Just think i saw a flash of lightning ?

All done didnt think it was gonna be this bad, the slighest bit of wind im terrified its going to be a long night:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

A lovely peaceful day here in Limerick. I thought we were due biblical portions of wind and rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Wind was picking up a bit in north Kerry a while ago but seems to be dying slightly again. Long night ahead though by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

THE_END_IS_NIGH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Getting pretty scary on the Westport side of Louisburgh now (waving to other locals!). There seem to be lulls interspersed with very strong gusts. I keep telling myself this house has been here since the 60s, so is unlikely to blow away now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Very calm here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Vanolder wrote: »
    A lovely peaceful day here in Limerick. I thought we were due biblical portions of wind and rain?

Different Lmerck to the one I'm in.

Infact, it blew the I's off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

It just seems to maybe be picking up here in Ennis Co.clare after a pretty calm day really. Seems strange when met stations in Galway and Kerry have been reporting strong winds and gusts for quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Fill a few flasks with boiling water too. Might come in handy for tea/coffee/filling a hot water bottle

Never even thought of that. But my inner survivalist would prepare the challenge of heating water if the worst happens :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

ch750536 wrote: »
    Different Lmerck to the one I'm in.

Infact, it blew the I's off.

I'm in the City centre, the jewel of the mid-west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

sjb25 wrote: »
    Press conference at 4 according to this the hole place must be about to blow down

Soon, at 16.30 hours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

Good question. Doesn't seem too bad here in Mahon point right now.
    some bad gusts in city center did some one not say 7 ish this evening maybe wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Picking up ever so slightly in South Donegal atm

Currently gusting 31mph

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Sherkin and Mace Head reporting lower gusts at 4pm. Looks like that may be the peak for the frontal phase of the winds there?

Fairly underwhelming winds so far, but should be pretty strong on west coast later tonight as the low approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

733 people now on the weather forum,,,I expect that to climb quickly overnight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

anyone know will the press conference be televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Fairly howling through the trees here now in South Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

Does feel a bit like this lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Sherkin and Mace Head reporting lower gusts at 4pm. Looks like that may be the peak for the frontal phase of the winds there?

Fairly underwhelming winds so far, but should be pretty strong on west coast later tonight as the low approaches.

Cork City seems to be getting a fairly serious battering in this phase of the storm.

I thought it was supposed to be fairly calm here today or, at least less windy than further north/west?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement