Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Winds/Severe Gusts January 14/15th 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Has moved the the next level now with regular gusts to 70km/h and a Max of 81km/h

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

lumos wrote: »
    Some fairly strong wind and rain here in Co. Tipp at the moment, nothing crazy yet.

I was going to ask did the storm blow you in here, but it seem not! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

here she is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    140+ zone of gusts now appears to be off most of the W & NW coast apart from grazing NW Donegal.

15-289UK_nuu2.GIF

Surprisingly calm here in Donegal Town. Wouldn't even merit a yellow alert at present.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

irish1967 wrote: »
    Surprisingly calm here in Donegal Town. Wouldn't even merit a yellow alert at present.

FYI - the alert for Donegal and other coastal areas is valid from 9PM onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

12Z EURO4 seems to have shifted the strongest zone of winds a slight bit northwards.

15011503_2_1412.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Constant heavy rain here on Galway bay, wind strongish but beginning to hear the gusts blowing now

Possible squall line developing off the west coast as the front pushes through

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

irish1967 wrote: »

keep-calm-cause-you-ain-t-seen-nothing-yet-4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gust 109KPH at Casement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Maq what's your guess on winds in the Midlands tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭V1

The Peanut wrote: »
    I'm on the top of a hill inland from Clonakilty and it is horrendous at the moment? I'm having trouble reloading my phone to see older pages; when can West Cork expect the worst of it?

Thanks.

If Cork Airport TAF is anything to go by it will get a bit worse for a while between 1800 and 2000 and then back to what we have now. It should ease off a little then sometime between 2300 and 0200.

TAF EICK 141700Z 1418/1518 20028G42KT 4000 -RA BKN004 OVC018 TEMPO 1418/1420 21035G55KT 1500 RA BKN003 BECMG 1419/1422 24025G40KT 9999 NSW BKN025 BECMG 1423/1502 24020G30KT TEMPO 1502/1518 SHRA BKN017CB TEMPO 1506/1515 4000 SHRASN=

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Very very stormy here in South side Cork city. Just drove up airport Hill and sheets of rain being blown across the road. Have no accurate measurements but definitely haven't seen this sort of weather here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Lights are flickering here in Achill and the FM radio signal is simultaneously cutting out. Not sure if there's thunder or if it's just the storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

here she is

Jeez, she tails all the way back to Central America !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Maq what's your guess on winds in the Midlands tonight.

Northern midlands could be quite stormy after midnight. It depends on the track the low takes.

Its the main news on the 6 one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Its getting wild out now in Salthill beside Galway Bay.At least its not Spring Tides tonight so Leisureland should be safe this time:).The main thing at the moment here is the rain, large amounts in the last few hours, roads flooded around the city.
    Stay safe everyone.

Serious rain here now :eek:

Dingle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Just heard a status red for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Coast near Tralee :10 min avg 47 kph, gust 80 kph SW

Very mild now at 11.1C

Precipitation 22.4mm since midnight

Bar 971.6mb Falling Rapidly

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

sunbeam wrote: »
    Lights are flickering here in Achill and the FM radio signal is simultaneously cutting out. Not sure if there's thunder or if it's just the storm.
    Achill TX (89.9/92.1/94.3/97.1/99.5/101.7/103.1) is on top of Minaun Heights and is both very close to the coast and atop a hill so will probably take a proper battering tonight and reception loss is fairly likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

:eek: Just heard a status red for tonight.

Ah don't worry, I'm sure the rock your living under won't blow away ;)

Getting a few strong gusts outside Newport Mayo, and this is only the start, long night ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

corsav6 wrote: »
    Ah don't worry, I'm sure the rock your living under won't blow away ;)

Getting a few strong gusts outside Newport Mayo, and this is only the start, long night ahead.

Picking up in Castlebar as well, looking forward to tonight, will not be much sleep happening.

Wish I still had my weather stations equipment ...It blew away in Feb's storm ... never found a piece of it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Xenji wrote: »
    Picking up in Castlebar as well, looking forward to tonight, will not be much sleep happening.

I have the downstairs bedroom set up, upstairs is not an option tonight.
    Not looking forward to this storm at all, but at least this thread will be busy.
    Are you fairly open where you are? A friend on top of the hill on the old Glenisland road takes a hammering during storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is going to be bad alright, just looking at my own weather station and the numbers, and the fact there are hours to go yet before it fully hits.
    Prefer snow over a storm...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Northern Chaser

can anyone explain why only a small part of NI is in the warning? The whole area is to see severe gales

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

A squall line moving into the SW now , this will have some nasty gusts in it folks!

335043.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

corsav6 wrote: »
    I have the downstairs bedroom set up, upstairs is not an option tonight.
    Not looking forward to this storm at all, but at least this thread will be busy.
    Are you fairly open where you are? A friend on top of the hill on the old Glenisland road takes a hammering during storms.

Top of a hill and very open, so will get a bit of a hammering tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement