Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Winds/Severe Gusts January 14/15th 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

back to normal here in crossmolina ( ish ) for the past hour, has it passed here now or is there more to come,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Tralee Bay,

Very Cold , Very Windy, High Waves, Raining.............Grim !!!!

Looks like we are getting a second bashing by the storm !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

96kmh gusts at Dublin Airport, nothing has landed in 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Delays starting to pour in here in Dublin airport,I'm guessing something big is on the way

All incoming flights in last 30 minutes diverted to Shannon, Shannon too busy now so flights going to Manchester. Wouldn't like to be trying to get to Dublin & ending up in Manchester!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Winds gusting 50 knots at Dublin airport, am listening to Dublin control tower here, no aircraft have landed in last 20 minutes due to winds, all have done go arounds when trying to land, same diverting to Shannon now, one heading to Manchester.

Edit: Here's the link if anyone wants to listen: http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=dub

Thats nothing. I just sawa seagull do four go arounds in Dungarvan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Blue sky spotted in South Mayo! Winds moderating (though still gusting), have managed to make it outside - no trees down on our land, no damage - phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

I'm flying from Dublin to Manchester at 4.30. So should be alright haha

Beautiful afternoon in Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭lolie

All incoming flights in last 30 minutes diverted to Shannon, Shannon too busy now so flights going to Manchester. Wouldn't like to be trying to get to Dublin & ending up in Manchester!

At least they won't be stuck on a bus for 3-4 hours like if they landed at shannon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Winds gusting 50 knots at Dublin airport, am listening to Dublin control tower here, no aircraft have landed in last 20 minutes due to winds, all have done go arounds when trying to land, same diverting to Shannon now, one heading to Manchester.

Edit: Here's the link if anyone wants to listen: http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=dub

Taken from the Flightradar24 Thread :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057359945&page=18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Just had a very squally sleet shower in North Cork, very gusty. Felt like someone was throwing needles at my face whilst walking the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

DominoDub wrote: »

OMG would hate to be on that flight!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

Really really gusty here in Belfast - just saw people being blown all over the place outside the local shopping centre. Also two people injured and a car damaged by a pallet that came from one of the shops - one has a bad cut to the head and the other a suspected broken arm. Not pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Cork airport would be happy to have the extra passengers:)

Passenger numbers were down last year

Send them all to Cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

From what I can see it seems flights heading in a northern direction (Oslo,Stockholm,Glasgow etc etc) are being delayed and cancelled. My fingers are crossed ill be out today haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Highest gust recorded in UK: 200kph, scottish highlands
    163kph recorded in Cumbria, england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's currently raining sleet where I am in south Louth. Huge flakes mixed in but they're melting fairly quickly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Red warning is no longer listed on met.ie
    Orange warnings in effect.
    Limerick city centre looked a bit ominous for a while but has nicer than average weather for this time of year at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

mojopolo wrote: »
    Really really gusty here in Belfast - just saw people being blown all over the place outside the local shopping centre. Also two people injured and a car damaged by a pallet that came from one of the shops - one has a bad cut to the head and the other a suspected broken arm. Not pretty.

Ouch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

getting very dark in Dublin now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Here in north Kildare (near Enfield), the band of precip has arrived. All I can say that this is by far the worst of the stormy weather here. garden furniture from one of the neighbours is sitting in the middle of the garden. 15 minutes ago, the temp was 5.7c. It is now 2.9 and still falling. Very heavy sleet now has a lot of wet snow mixed in. If it where another degree or so colder, it would be a full on blizzard.....massive gust has just blown over 3 wheelie bins at the same time. TV unwatchable as the dish is moving too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭josip

Breezy on Dun Laoghaire pier right now.
    Fresh mackarel in the shop nonetheless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Annnnd I'm delayed. Crazy out here in Dublin airport,planes are rocking like mad when parked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

The long awaited Dublin Armageddon has finally arrived!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

getting very dark in Dublin now

335165.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Turned very stormy in dingle again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Grown quiet at last in s Sligo. Sun is fighting to come out. I've just been out to check the land no trees down thankfully! And thanks to all you weather people here for the updates during the storm. It was good to be prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I was expecting a fall in temperatures behind the occlusion but temperatures have actually risen, Malin, Newport, Finner, Mace Hd, Belmullet are all on 7c making them the mildest parts of the country. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Upgrading Castletroy, Limerick from "nothing out of the ordinary" to "jaysus, wont be going running in that, shur you'd get blown out onto the road"

Hoping to run on the track later. Its windy there at the best of times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement