Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When You Have Eliminated Impossible . . .

Options
  • 11-01-2015 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

^^^ a Sherlock quote ^^^

I'm noticing quite a few newspaper articles being quoted in full this last while. Is it OK to do so again?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No it's not, and where you see it it would be appreciated if you could report the post to the forum mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Happening a lot on AH lately

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Happening a lot on AH lately
    Where I noticed it too. Not only posted but quoted three or four times for good measure.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm having a look through reported posts from this morning/last night and snipping any full articles posted, please do report (or re-report if you think we've missed one from a couple of days ago) full articles posted. AH has been quite busy the last week so they've probably slipped under the radar.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

It might also be a case of needing to remind people - it's easy to forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Actually out of curiosity, is quoting a full length article allowed (I'm assuming it is) for the OP? I'm assuming the problem is with the 2nd post on wards as that would clutter up a thread?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Mourinho wrote: »
    Actually out of curiosity, is quoting a full length article allowed (I'm assuming it is) for the OP? I'm assuming the problem is with the 2nd post on wards as that would clutter up a thread?

No, the problem is with copyright. Quoting a full length article isn't allowed at all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dav wrote: »
    It might also be a case of needing to remind people - it's easy to forget.

I may put up a sticky in AH for a bit just to remind people. Newbies may not have even heard of it. Can anyone direct me to a link where the rule is stated? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I may put up a sticky in AH for a bit just to remind people. Newbies may not have even heard of it. Can anyone direct me to a link where the rule is stated? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63172704#post63172704

I think that covers it.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This should help: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77390771

• Advertisement
Advertisement