Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling

Options
  • 11-01-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    I rang to cancel my account but was advised to ring back closer to the date in order to avoid a cancellation charge. Fair enough but now I've gotten a bill for 99.99 for the next two months. Contract is up on the 15th of Jan. 
    No way am I paying for anymore of this brutally bad, over expensive service. I'm sure you'll agree that 0.02 uploads speeds are a bit of a farce and to be paying €50 a month for it is scandalous.
    It's bad enough to be getting screwed at the end of a contract but this contract started off bad after being over charged significantly in our first bill.

Could you tell me is it noted on my account that I have actually rang to cancel my account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Can anybody help me with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Damokc wrote: »
    Hello.
    I rang to cancel my account but was advised to ring back closer to the date in order to avoid a cancellation charge. Fair enough but now I've gotten a bill for 99.99 for the next two months. Contract is up on the 15th of Jan. 
    No way am I paying for anymore of this brutally bad, over expensive service. I'm sure you'll agree that 0.02 uploads speeds are a bit of a farce and to be paying €50 a month for it is scandalous.
    It's bad enough to be getting screwed at the end of a contract but this contract started off bad after being over charged significantly in our first bill.

Could you tell me is it noted on my account that I have actually rang to cancel my account.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Damokc

A call to eircom cancellations team will be required to arrange cancellation of the account. It is usually the case that if in contract it's best to avail of the service until contract end date. Don't worry If the billing period extends beyond the date of when you want service cancelled as a final bill will be prepared once cancelled to reflect charges to the day of when the account is closed.

Cancellations can be contacted on free phone 1901

Thanks
    AL[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

Hello.

Hi Damokc

A call to eircom cancellations team will be required to arrange cancellation of the account. It is usually the case that if in contract it's best to avail of the service until contract end date. Don't worry If the billing period extends beyond the date of when you want service cancelled as a final bill will be prepared once cancelled to reflect charges to the day of when the account is closed.

Cancellations can be contacted on free phone 1901

Thanks
    AL
    Can't see him availing much of a service with only 0.02 upload, complete disgrace to be locked into a contract for a service he's not recieving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

So, I rang on the 5th and sent email on the 5th to give notice of cancellation. My contract is up the 15th. What date will I be free from Eircom is what I want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So, I rang on the 5th and sent email on the 5th to give notice of cancellation. My contract is up the 15th. What date will I be free from Eircom is what I want to know?
    The account is cancelled 30 days from when the confirming email is sent Damokc -

So 30 days from the 5th in your case.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement