Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending the aerial on a Siemens SPCN310.000 GSM module

Options
  • 11-01-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭

The house is nearly 100% wrapped in foil insulation/foil backed plastered board so the D1 and D2 LEDs are flashing, indicating poor signal/poor mast connection.

Just wonder can I extend the antenna or perhaps get a Vodafone SIM and buy their Sure Signal box for 100 euro as we are not with Voda for anything else so no discount on the price.

Failing that I can look at relocating panel but thats rewiring etc.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can get global external aerial kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

The house is nearly 100% wrapped in foil insulation/foil backed plastered board so the D1 and D2 LEDs are flashing, indicating poor signal/poor mast connection.

Just wonder can I extend the antenna or perhaps get a Vodafone SIM and buy their Sure Signal box for 100 euro as we are not with Voda for anything else so no discount on the price.

Failing that I can look at relocating panel but thats rewiring etc.
    Thanks

Sure signal works great for a week signal in an area.

Advertisement