Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

De Gea VS Joe Hart

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think Hart is actually under rated by some and is a top class goal keeper, De Gea is still better though and the improvement he has made over the last couple of years has been immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

One of the 13 hit Hart by accident.....I'm confused by other 12

I'm not, some people will just back the other guy that's not on the team they hate. I don't get why people can't just set the option to public poll, at least then they might be a bit embarrassed about it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Depends what time frame we are using

Last year Mignolet was the best keeper in the universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hart's fine for City in my opinion but given the choice I'd definitely pick DDG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Depends what time frame we are using

Last year Mignolet was the best keeper in the universe

bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hart is only hyped up as he is English but using that pic in page on from yesterday's game to show he is bad is just a complete joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Most soccer fans are Hispanophile so obviously most of them would pick De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I'm not, some people will just back the other guy that's not on the team they hate. I don't get why people can't just set the option to public poll, at least then they might be a bit embarrassed about it :pac:

I picked hart and I make no apologies for it, De gea is over rated and because of who he plays for always will be.;)

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I picked hart and I make no apologies for it, De gea is over rated and because of who he plays for always will be.;)

I suppose somebody has to be wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ddg by a considerable margin . Good to see Joe Allen and Mignolet get a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I don't think Hart is as bad as people make out, but ddg is the better keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A better comparison would be De Gea and Lloris, tbh. It would at least make for a slightly more balanced poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I don't think ddg is ad good as people say. He is in good form at the moment, but the gap between him and hart is not as large as people think.

There would be a bias in this country helping ddg out. I wonder how this poll would run in england.

There would be a bias in this country helping ddg out. I wonder how this poll would run in england.

Well there surely wouldn't be any bias in England where the England national team goalkeeper is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Well there surely wouldn't be any bias in England where the England national team goalkeeper is involved.

That is exactly what I am saying. We are looking down on hart due to who he is and who he plays for. Yes he makes the odd mistake as every keeper does. He still is a good keeper though.

In england, the bias is on the other foot. It is difficult to get a true consensus in either country through a poll due to this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spurs have a better keeper than either of them.

503711_heroa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

De Gea every day and twice on Sundays...

Makes me wonder why the brought in Valdes, just to show off how much money they have??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dickerty wrote: »
    De Gea every day and twice on Sundays...

Makes me wonder why the brought in Valdes, just to show off how much money they have??

Why did Valdes join is a bigger question. He is not going to get first team football at utd. At this stage of his career he needs to be first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I don't think ddg is ad good as people say. He is in good form at the moment, but the gap between him and hart is not as large as people think.

He has been in that form for over two and a half years. Keeper of the year in 2012/13, Man Utd's player of the season last year and probably a very close runner for best in the league (as bad as the season was, it would have been a LOT worse if not for him) and Man Utd's best player so far again this year despite absurd injury problems in his backline, with a teenager, a 20 year old out of the youth team, and two failed wingers possibly having the most games of anyone on the team there.

He had some real catastrophes early in his first season, but improved and actually quite well in the back end of that year. The thing is, with English stereotypes over Latin keepers, the fact he was replacing one of the best keepers the league has seen in the last 20 years, and the fact that sensationalist stories about Man Utd is always a good sell for papers/websites/etc, there was a tonne of eagerness to just keep jumping on him. Polar opposite to Joe Hart who is English, had the chance to shine at a smaller club with less expectations in Birmingham (and he did fantastic with them to be fair) and also replacing Given who struggled a bit at City who had not had a top end keeper in quite a while, his media treatment was completely different. He has been making a number of hilarious errors for over two years now, to be honest.

Hart isn't as bad as some make out, he does make some incredibly stupid mistakes but outside of that he is a good and solid keeper. Also to be fair, calls that he has 'peaked' are not necessarily correct either - 27 is still fairly young for a keeper (especially with Hart's height and frame, negates loss of agility etc as he gets older) so there is plenty of time to improve since his main issues are centered around concentration and mental errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

De Gea hands down for me.

Hart to be fair to him has a really good level of reflex saves, but not better then De Gea who utilises an unorthodox method, but its highly effective.

De Gea's distribution is right up their in my opinion and oozes confidence with the ball at his feet. His judgement has improved dramatically, when he comes for a ball he typically gets it, where as if there is doubt he plants himself and lets his defense deal with it. Which I think is pretty good.

Nothing puts a defence in chaos then defending a cross or corner, and their keeper marauding out and missing the ball. Atleast on your line youve a chance of a save.

I don't rate Hart that high, get the feeling his England no.1 spot goes a long way to exagerating his credentials.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement