Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jenkinstown vermin shoot

Options
  • 11-01-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Was just out in jenkinstown park for walk and there signs up every where saying place is closed today from 3pm for vermin shoot. What vermin are they after grey squirrel or deer, Does anyone know? There hardly going to shoot the only few wild deer in the area, near the city.....:(

Comments

Ah no - the deers are safe :). It's just grey squirrels, crows. magpies. pigeons. rabbits (I think) etc that are classed as vermin. Annoying though when you're all dressed up to go for a walk and drive out there to find it closed. There was probably an advance announcement about it somewhere but I never seem to hear these things until it's too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

That's good seen a few wild deer out there in October, late one evening when I was out walking the dog, the small wood just as you turn in off the castelcomer road is staying open

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Are there deer in the woods or just the enclosure?

Advertisement