Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milford Hospice 10K 25th January

Options
  • 11-01-2015 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi obviously Milford Hospice is a fabulous cause. Cancer care touches us all. However I'm just wondering does all the E20 entrance fee go to the Hospice? (sorry I have no idea why there is an angry face on the title, I didn't put it there deliberately, please remove mods)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Hi obviously Milford Hospice is a fabulous cause. Cancer care touches us all. However I'm just wondering does all the E20 entrance fee go to the Hospice? (sorry I have no idea why there is an angry face on the title, I didn't put it there deliberately, please remove mods)

On the eventmaster registration page it says registration is currently €15 & will increase to €20 the week before the event. It says all registration proceeds will go directly to Milford. Booking fee is currently €1.05 & will increase to €1:40 when reg fee goes up.

https://em.eventmaster.ie/client/level3.html;jsessionid=E0B7E5A041C14A6CA0C29FE5BF311A90?eventId=609

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Hi obviously Milford Hospice is a fabulous cause. Cancer care touches us all. However I'm just wondering does all the E20 entrance fee go to the Hospice?
    "All" of it certainly won't. Setting up a race isn't cheap, so quite a significant percentage will be going on costs. Best you can hope is that all profits go to the cause. Which in this case seems to be true according to Milford Hospice themselves:
    With all of the proceeds going directly to Milford Hospice

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Anyone else here running it? I'm signed up, if it goes well I'll reconsider the Great Limerick Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Ya I signed up. Do they feed us at the end?

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    Ya I signed up. Do they feed us at the end?

Based on last years thread, it's not looking likely. La Cucina up the road do a good Boscaiola though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

Can some one confirm if the run starts at 12pm or 1.30pm

have seen different times posted up .

And I am sure reg is possible on the day right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Joeface wrote: »
    Can some one confirm if the run starts at 12pm or 1.30pm

have seen different times posted up .

And I am sure reg is possible on the day right

Race starts at 12. You can still register online now but there is on the day registration at the arena.

They changed the start time this year. It used to be 1.30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

They changed the start time this year. It used to be 1.30

munster match in thomond at 3pm having an effect

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Numbers supposed to be up on last year. near to 1k people doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Plainjane112

Can you register at the start of the race or do you have to register online beforehand? Might give it a go tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Can you register at the start of the race or do you have to register online beforehand? Might give it a go tomorrow.

Yep, you can just show up and register in the arena.

Yep, you can just show up and register in the arena.

Are you running tomorrow NE?

Are you running tomorrow NE?

Yep, going to give it a shot and see how I get on. Got to get some redemption after my performance there last year. A few hurlers beat me and I'd to listen to it since. The rematch is on!

Say hello if you see a guy in a lucky craughwell top. Best of luck everyone running.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Well!?!? How did ye do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Well attended and money gone towards a great cause. I was injured and found the going really tough but glad to be back after the winter :) Just one water station was disappointing, but positive experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

Say hello if you see a guy in a lucky craughwell top. Best of luck everyone running.

Definitely saw this Top ....

Good cause so happy to hand over the money but found the Course a bit all over the place.

Good marker for the year. 41:38. Really suffered in the second half and found the hill from 1.5k to 5.5k tough with the headwind. Some turnout, 1600 supposedly. Report to come.

51:12 good omen for Adare but I need to pull up my socks.

Good marker for the year. 41:38. Really suffered in the second half and found the hill from 1.5k to 5.5k tough with the headwind. Some turnout, 1600 supposedly. Report to come.

Just ahead of you so, 41:30. The wind up that straight did for my outside hopes of sub 40.

• Advertisement

anyone spot results anywhere yet?

from munster running

From what I understand, there was no chip timing and results were only taken for the first 3 men and women.

wondered how they were doing it given a) the size of the race, and b) no chips. the simple answer was they weren't.

mossym wrote: »
    from munster running

From what I understand, there was no chip timing and results were only taken for the first 3 men and women.

wondered how they were doing it given a) the size of the race, and b) no chips. the simple answer was they weren't.

They'll be no results I'd say and it doesn't bother me personally with a race of this kind. I'd rather see more profits go to a local charity than money going towards a timing company. I never expect these things from a charity organised event.

it doesn't bother me but it's a little surprising given they've had results the last few years, and i've done plenty of races that provided results with no timing company.

would have been nice to see how some of the guys i know i'll be lining up against in the next few months did.

Advertisement