Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XC spikes for BHAA at St Enda's GAA, 17 Jan 2015

Options
  • 11-01-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Long-time road runner, soon to be first-time cross-country runner. I'm thinking of doing the BHAA Eircom open XC at St Enda's GAA in Firhouse in Dublin next weekend (17 January).

I presume I should run it in spikes with 12mm pins... or do people use shorter spikes, or even no spikes at all and just trail shoes instead? If any of the mudlarks here have done this race before or know the course (I think Bros Pearse train around there) I'd be grateful for any advice.

EDIT: Sorry to mods, I meant to post this in the Gear sub-forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Really depends on the weather between now and then. If it stays dry, you could run in runners. A bit of rain and you'd wear 9mm spikes. Heavier rain and you'd want 12s. It's not an especially muddy park overall, but there are a couple of tricky bits including one hairpin turn, and the finishing straight is always right into the wind

Advertisement