Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Stage 2

Options
  • 11-01-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I'm confused about the transition from stage 2 to stage 3 in arts...

From my understanding you need 60 credits in stage 2 to progress to stage 3 but they will allow you to progress to stage 3 with 50 credits (providing you complete the remaining 2 stage 2 modules before your degree finishes)...am I right?

So, my question is, if you have less than 50 stage 2 modules then what happens? Can you still take stage 3 modules while repeating/finishing your stage 2s or do you have to repeat second yr?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

beauty101 wrote: »
    I'm confused about the transition from stage 2 to stage 3 in arts...

From my understanding you need 60 credits in stage 2 to progress to stage 3 but they will allow you to progress to stage 3 with 50 credits (providing you complete the remaining 2 stage 2 modules before your degree finishes)...am I right?

So, my question is, if you have less than 50 stage 2 modules then what happens? Can you still take stage 3 modules while repeating/finishing your stage 2s or do you have to repeat second yr?

Isn't Arts a flattened stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Isn't Arts a flattened stage?

Yep, arts has a flattened stage 2, so second and third year (or level 2 and level 3) are both stage 2.

To answer the OP's question: you should have a minimum of 50 credits, although 60 is really the best idea as you'll be putting yourself under additional pressure with the extra 2 modules over the final year. If you've less than 50 credits you should contact the relevant schools and call into the student desk and programme office. I think it will really depend on why you don't have the 50 credits (i.e. were there extenuating circumstances, are you taking resits/repeats, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Thanks for the info convert. Obviously I haven't got my results for the Christmas exams yet but I know that I've definitely failed 2 (not extenuating circumstances just my own stupidity not putting in any effort last semester). I will be repeating both for the summer exams but my concern is if I still don't have enough credits to progress

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You should be ok if you've attempted them, and if it's just the 2. If you want to double check definitely call down to your programme office.

Advertisement