Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming?

• 11-01-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

So......
    I've just watched the Arsenal game, and I'm currently watching the United game, both via streams on XBMC.

Who originates the streams, and why? What benefit is there to someone to allow worldwide users to view a match?

This thread might be better off elsewhere, but this is as good a place to start as any...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Just to be dead sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Views + ads = Money.

They're not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

I'd agree if that was via a browser, but this is XBMC, no ads, no clickbait.

Duff wrote: »
    Just to be dead sound.

Ah sure it must be that:) A community spirit? Although its a prosecutable offence, so a risk for no credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

JamBur wrote: »
    I'd agree if that was via a browser, but this is XBMC, no ads, no clickbait.

XBMC just links to sites on the net that have the streams, XBMC is a glorified web-browser in this case.

Same as streaming movies/tv shows on it.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, sounds right. I'm surprised that sites don't block XBMC access, since it sucks up their bandwidth, for no return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what are you watching them through?

SportsDevil via XBMC on a HTPC (a pc hooked up to my TV) I wont give specific details as admin dont like that. No subscriptions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

was on it y'day found it crap. didn't try that many out though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement