Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Girl Who Lifts

Options
  • 11-01-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Decided to started a training journal as I'm on a mission to step up my game.

Height: 5'6
    Current Weight: 68kg
    Will have BF measurements soon!

Been lifting for 2 years averaging on 3 times per week but I'm aiming to step things up a notch and feel focused. I'm currently aiming to get down to under 63kg as I've gained a good bit of fat after illness/slacking off over Christmas :mad:

I'm posting my last 2 workouts her from Thurs/Sat...today I'm doing a 1 day juice cleanse so no training.

Thursday:
    First session in a while

Incline DB press 7.5kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Bent over BB row 15kg x 10 x 4 sets
    BB upright row 15kg x 10 x 4 sets

Leg press 63kg x 10 x 3 sets
    Crosstrainer sprint Level 8, 40 seconds x 3 sets
    Walking lunges no weight x 20 x 3 sets

Shoulder press 18kg x 10 (reducing by 2 reps each set until 4)
    Lat pulldown 27kg x 10 (reducing by 2 reps each set until 4)

Saturday Leg Day :eek:
    First day wearing my new Adipower weightlifting shoes and my god do they make a difference, I felt so much more stable and they helped me get those few inches lower when squatting.

BB squats 25kg x 10 x 5 sets
    Prone leg curl 23kg x 10 x 5 sets

Straight bar deadlift 40kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Body squats x 15 x 4 sets

Leg press 50kg x 5 reps (full set with minimal breaks, I took 1 break 33 reps in to shake out my legs)
    Walking lunges x 50 reps (no break)
    Total time for this set was: 6.32

I was happy with yesterday's session, legs were in bits after but I felt like I'd re-gained some of the strength I had before Christmas. For 2015 I'm aiming to lift much heavier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey Beauty - will be really interested to read your log as we seem to have similar goals. I'm about the same weight/height and hoping to drop a similar amount of weight too (maybe down to 60 if I can) whilst keeping as much strength as possible hopefully.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Hey Beauty - will be really interested to read your log as we seem to have similar goals. I'm about the same weight/height and hoping to drop a similar amount of weight too (maybe down to 60 if I can) whilst keeping as much strength as possible hopefully.

Good luck :)

Thanks, I'll be following yours too! I find reading about/seeing other peoples progress really motivating and helpful :)

Monday:
    1 hr pilates

Tuesday:
    1 hr hatha yoga

I've had a jam packed two days and haven't managed a lifting session but rather than do nothing I fit in a pilates and yoga class. It's been over 2 years since I've done either. Back in 2012 I did yoga 4-5 times weekly and pilates 3-4 days per week and I was very flexible. I've lost a lot of flexibility since, particularly in my legs and hips and I'd like to re-gain it to aid my lifting, improve my core strength and help with my form. I'm going to try fit in 2 pilates classes a week and 1/2 yoga classes as well as my gym sessions.

Tomorrow I've a session booked with my PT so back to the grind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

beauty101 wrote: »
    Monday:
    1 hr pilates

Tuesday:
    1 hr hatha yoga

I've had a jam packed two days and haven't managed a lifting session but rather than do nothing I fit in a pilates and yoga class. It's been over 2 years since I've done either. Back in 2012 I did yoga 4-5 times weekly and pilates 3-4 days per week and I was very flexible. I've lost a lot of flexibility since, particularly in my legs and hips and I'd like to re-gain it to aid my lifting, improve my core strength and help with my form. I'm going to try fit in 2 pilates classes a week and 1/2 yoga classes as well as my gym sessions.

Tomorrow I've a session booked with my PT so back to the grind!
    :(:( That's my aim for 2015. Fit in at least 1 yoga or pilates class per week. I always find that I go to 3 classes in one week...and then nothing for 3 months:(

Thursday

Standing DB press 6kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Bent over DB row 6kg x 10 x 4 sets
    DB Upright row 6kg x 10 x 4 sets

Powerbag front squats 15kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Box jumps x 10 x 4 sets
    Body squats x 10 x 4 sets

Flat BB press 15 kg x 15, 10, 5 reps
    Lat pull down machine 27kg x 15, 10, 5 reps
    Leg raises x 5, 5, 5 reps
    Target time for this set was 6 mins, completed in 5.42

My diet has been dreadful this week and I stupidly weighed myself and I've gone up 1kg :eek: cleaning up my diet from tomorrow, no more excuses! Feeling good on the training side of things and I'm already feeling the benefits of the yoga stretching...hamstrings feel much looser and I'm squatting more comfortably :)

• Advertisement

Friday:

1 hr Pilates
    1.15hrs Somatic Yoga

A reflection on the last week: Well aware that my diets been crap and I haven't lifted as often as normal (usually 3-4 times weekly) but I only fit in twice this week, however I felt good about my sessions and have also incorporated pilates and yoga. Surprisingly after just a week of the yoga/pilates combination I feel more flexible and looser and I'm sleeping like a baby, so I'll be sticking to it next week but also aiming for at least 3 strength sessions.

Currently I'm not doing any cardio bar the odd bit of conditioning, however I have fat to lose so I'm considering adding in more cardio...would love to hear any thoughts/suggestions?

Saturday:

I'm really happy with how today's session went. I'm still not lifting as heavy as I want to be but I can feel myself getting stronger and my form and postural awareness is much better than it was a few months ago. I've always struggled with bench pressing (30kg being my PB to date), it's odd as one of my strongest exercises is the shoulder press :confused: I'm really going to work on benching this year, I'm aiming to be benching around 40kg by the end of the year :rolleyes: optimistic but hopefully doable.

Back Squat 30kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Alternating lunges 4kg x 10 each leg x 4 sets (Boy did these burn!)

Bench Press 20kg x 10 x 1 set (then upped the weight for next 2 sets)
    " " 22.5kg x 10 x 2 sets
    Assisted Pull Up 45 kg x 10 x 3 sets
    Lat Raises 2kg x 10 x 3 sets

Conditioning/Ab Finisher:
    Ab Rollouts x 5 x 3 sets
    Mountain Climbers x 5 each leg x 3 sets
    Leg Raises with 5kg plate overhead x 5 x 3 sets
    Bike sprints Level 6 x 60 seconds, 40 seconds, 20 seconds x 3 sets

Monday:

1 hr Hatha Yoga

Tuesday:
    High intensity session with my PT. Everything I did had a specific time goal. Felt like I was going to die during it but felt amazing and accomplished after :D

Time target: 15 mins, completed in 12.34
    BB push press 20kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Powerbag front squats 15kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Negative push ups x 5 x 4 sets
    Chin Ups x 2 x 4 sets (I suck at these, some days I get them, mostly I fail :mad:)

Time target: 15 mins, completed in 16.40:cool:
    Chest Press Machine 23kg x 10 x 4 sets (dropped weight to 18kg after 1st set)
    Lat pulldown 20kg x 10 x 4 sets
    Treadmill 200m sprints in fastest time possible x 4 sets
    Plank x 30 seconds x 4 sets

The finisher that killed me, minimal breaks in between 3 sets:
    Time target: 10 mins, completed in 6.42
    Wall balls x 6kg x 10/8/4 reps
    Medicine ball slams x 6kg x 10/8/4
    Box Jumps x 10/8/4
    Step burpees x 10/8/4

1 Hr Somatic yoga

Advertisement