Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Raspberry Pi in Ireland?

Options
  • 11-01-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I was wondering where I would be able to buy a Raspberry Pi in Ireland. I am hoping to be able to buy just the board itself. I have seen them in Maplin as part of kits but I’m not interested in getting more than I require. Where in Ireland can I buy them? Or where online could I purchase them for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

Maplin

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭poppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

hanloj1 wrote: »
    Maplin

Maplin really grinds my gears. On the one hand, no-one else has the selection they have in a bricks and mortars kind of way, but things are so expensive. On top of that, they couldnt be bothered having an Irish website, which makes price comparison more difficult.

I'd love to support them and have bought a lot of things from them, but some of the deals online are seriously tempting. For example, Maplins UK have a Pi starter kit for £79. On Amazon.co.uk is another starter kit for £39. Included in Maplins starter kit is a keyboard and mouse (:rolleyes:) a USB hub, an SD card but no case.

In the Amazon startup kit you get a B+ Pi(The newest one), a case, heat sinks and wireless adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

syklops wrote: »
    Maplin really grinds my gears. On the one hand, no-one else has the selection they have in a bricks and mortars kind of way, but things are so expensive. On top of that, they couldnt be bothered having an Irish website, which makes price comparison more difficult.

I'd love to support them and have bought a lot of things from them, but some of the deals online are seriously tempting. For example, Maplins UK have a Pi starter kit for £79. On Amazon.co.uk is another starter kit for £39. Included in Maplins starter kit is a keyboard and mouse (:rolleyes:) a USB hub, an SD card but no case.

In the Amazon startup kit you get a B+ Pi(The newest one), a case, heat sinks and wireless adapter.

I fully agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Adverts IE might have something to suit?

Have a look!

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

You'll probably find it in some independant computer/electronics retailers in the cities I'd imagine. I know there's a shop in Kilkenny that stock the boards as well as kits and arduino related bits and pieces, I'd be surprised if there isn't a bricks and mortar store in Dublin that sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Advertisement