Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.ben5k.com - 1st March

Options
  • 11-01-2015 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm going to give this a thread of its own. A team of us is organising a 5k in Wexford Town, its entitled Ben5k and is a 100% charity event in memory of 3 year old boy Ben Wadding (my son) who passed away after a brave battle with cancer 3 years ago. All proceeds from this race are going to Our Lady's Childrens Hospital, Crumlin.

The race takes place in Carcur, Wexford Town on the 1st March. We hope to make the race a little different and there will be plenty of music and fanfare to see runners around the course.

Please click the image below to register.

ben5kcopy.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Well done to the ben5k team on a fantastic race. Very well organised. Cancer affects a lot of people and it doesn't discriminate between young and old, rich and poor, good and bad. It's very difficult to watch someone you love go through so much pain. To watch them slipping away as the cancer takes over. As Marthastew said to me after the race, it was wonderful to see that hurt chanelled into something so positive today. I hope Ben's family got as much out of today as all the runners did.
    Thanks to all the wonderful volunteers for braving that weather. I'm sure ye were all perished!

P.S I love the t-shirt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Well done to organising committee. Went off without a glitch.

Bit wet & windy, but you can't control that. Sure it only softened the road. :p

Results are up already.

http://www.totaltiming.ie/results/2015/ben_5k_2015_fullresults.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Super event today. Well done to Bernard and the team on organising such a great race. fair play to all 682 who lined out and kept going all the way to the finish in the bit of a shower we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Massive well done to Bernard and all his team on a really fantastic race, the organisation was seamless today and it was so lovely to see the community come together to create such an enjoyable event. Despite the pretty horrific weather everybody seemed to have a smile on their face.
    The bountiful spread back at the county hall was a great opportunity to catch up with other runners (well done career move:))
    Mr Stew (30 minute pacer) and I were delighted to be a part of such a wonderful tribute to Ben. Looking forward to next year's race!

Advertisement