Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinarello FP3. Campagnolo Centaur. Mavic Cosmic Carbone

Options
  • 11-01-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm selling my road bike.

Pinarello FP3 (carbon 30hm12k monocoque), size 51.5 (53.5 full seat-bar, from centre of BB) . It's the same geometry as the Dogma and Prince, attached the geometry chart.

The whole groupset (10-speed, front and rear derailleurs, brake levers) and cranks, are Campagnolo Centaur Carbon. The cassette is also Campagnolo Centaur.

The wheels are a pair of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL 40c in great condition because I've mostly used the training wheels and left these for especial occasions. They used to retail around €1500 IIRC. The tires are a pair of Continental Triathlon.

From strava, the bike has on it:
    Distance 1,516.7 km
    Rides 56

I'm attaching 2 pictures, one is my bike (yellow-ish rims) and the other one is the same frame but it's not my bike. I don't have any good pics of mine, so decided to attach that to show it all shiny :)

This is not mine:
    XhhIwmB.jpg

This is mine:
    MjNBuFY.jpg

Now, one detail: the bike is only going to be on sale this week. I'm leaving Ireland for long, and I'm just seeing if I can avoid posting it with me, because it gives me the shivers imagining how is it going to be treated en-route, and the insurance that an-post offer doesn't even cover the value of 1 wheel.

Price: €2300 €2150

The bike is in Castleknock, Dublin.

Geometry:
    ymoclQj.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention - the bike has no pedals on. I left them on a bike I sold recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

Good bunch of views and no replies...

Price down to €2150 €2000 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭jamesd

mikesp wrote: »
    Good bunch of views and no replies...

Price down to €2150 :)

It's a lovely bike, great spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mmolloy01

Yip, lovely bike Mikesp.

What height are you ? and how does the 515 frame feel for your size ?

thanks, MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

Super Looking Bike..I would love it but alas the funds are not there at the moment..GLWS

mmolloy01 wrote: »
    Yip, lovely bike Mikesp.

What height are you ? and how does the 515 frame feel for your size ?

thanks, MM.

Hi mmolloy!

I'm 5ft7inches, 1.70m. The bike is my right size, I spent quite a few hours testing different sizes before buying it.

I wouldn't say that someone much shorter than 6ft6inches would be comfortable on it, because I'm on the lower end of its spectrum.
    If you check the picture my saddle possition is quite low, and the steerer is yet to be cut, so it could accommodate a rider up to 5ft9inches I'd say.

Thanks for the compliments to the bike lads, she's feeling better after reading your messages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Hey,
    I'm 5'9"ish, I had the same size FP2 as this, my dogma is 51.5 also so the size is good,I use a 120mm stem,the Pinarello's are a well finished bike,

Zip,

Zippe wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm 5'9"ish, I had the same size FP2 as this, my dogma is 51.5 also so the size is good,I use a 120mm stem,the Pinarello's are a well finished bike,

Zip,

Thanks very much for confirming that detail Zippe, I'm sure it can be helpful to someone looking!

BTW my bike has at the moment a 120mm stem on, now that has been mentioned :)

Cheers mate

Price update: €2000

What about €1900? :)

Price down to €1800.

I'm putting it into a box tomorrow Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 BikeBoy

Hi Mikesp What year are the wheels? Any idea of the mileage? Would you consider selling separately? If so, what price? Best of luck with the trip!

BikeBoy wrote: »
    Hi Mikesp What year are the wheels? Any idea of the mileage? Would you consider selling separately? If so, what price? Best of luck with the trip!

Hey mate! I'm afraid I wouldn't be selling the wheels on their own. If I need to post the frame, posting the wheels won't be any extra hassle.

Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Offer €1500 that is all I have at the moment

Advertisement