Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso, think I've made a huge mistake :(

• 11-01-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

First time poster here.

On the recommendation from a friend, I received a christmas present of a nespresso machine. I was assured that the coffee tasted as strong as I'd like, as I really do love my coffee.
    Fast forward to now, and I have now figured out, much to my disappointment that it looks like taking the recommendation was a huge mistake.
    The coffee to me, tastes ok, but not really athentic or something, can't quite put my finger on it. Put it this way, i've been out to some italian restaurants one very recently and had a black coffee. That coffee for what reason i don't know, was some of the best I've ever tasted. It made my little nespresso machine seem like drinking coffee from a jar.
    Now I'm not putting nespresso down, just have figured out it's not for me, unfortunately.
    My question is, where do i go from here? What's the ultimate way to home brew?
    Reccomendations from all of you who really know your coffee, and equipment very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It's a pity that you regret the purchase but I wouldn't call it a huge mistake, we all start to experience home brewing at different stages. Some people start with nespresso and move up from there. It's main selling point is convenience so use it for that, the days you're in a rush etc. As you have just bought the machine I am guessing you're not too excited about replacing it with an espresso machine so look into the alternatives, french press, aeropress, moka pot, all of these will give you good coffee. Pair it with a burr hand grinder and get some beans. These options are all affordable and a good place to start.

I would also suggest looking into (googling) your nespresso to ensure you're getting the best from it, although it won't produce coffee to the same standard as the other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Which capsule are you using? You could try the other variants, some of which are more intense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I like my coffee fairly strong and my current Nespresso mug is a shot of Dharkan and a shot of Arpeggio topped with latte milk from the Aeroccino.

Lovely.

Advertisement