Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Yamaha R6

• 11-01-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Looking at buying a R6 - prob 2007/2008/2009 model. Is there anything in particular I should look out for?
    Or anything else I should look out for ie gsxr 600 or cbr600

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I found that model very hard sprung.

Gsxrs imo suit our roads better.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I found that model very hard sprung.

Gsxrs imo suit our roads better.

Cheers for the reply corkgsxr. I've never driven one so I suppose that should be the first thing I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

AD! wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply corkgsxr. I've never driven one so I suppose that should be the first thing I do!

Yep. The r6 has more power but the gsxr has the control

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

R6 is very track biased and has to be revved more than the other 600s to get going.

I would recommend the 07/08 CBR600RR. It's lighter, very easy to ride fast, has the best build quality and a good midrange which makes it more useful on the street. It was also regarded by critics as the best 600 of the years you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

If you like the R6 go for it sure! The build quality is quite a bit better than modern Hondas (it's not 1998 anymore) and the suspension is fine - the GSXR's/Honda are quite soft standard but the R6 is not near as stiff as plenty of other sportsbikes that are apparently amazing (Ducati/Aprilia/Triumph 675/HP4 etc etc). I would say the other two have more pleasant engines for general pottering around as the R6 needs revving into oblivion, but if it's just for spins that doesnt matter.

Stick -1,+1 gearing on it and you won't notice any lack of power compared to the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

Cheers for the advice lads. I'll try out the gsxr, cbr and r6 before I buy!

Advertisement