Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Galvin's Book

• 11-01-2015 8:00pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's Paul Galvin's book like does anyone know?

I'm not a huge fan of GAA, but I am of sport in general, but he does look like he could have an interesting story to tell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    What's Paul Galvin's book like does anyone know?

I'm not a huge fan of GAA, but I am of sport in general, but he does look like he could have an interesting story to tell.

Go out and buy it.

Reads very well. This might sound strange but a lot more football talk than I expected --- there isn't that much on the fashion and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Read about half of it when it came out and haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, although I probably will.

It's not particularly great from what I have read to be honest, nothing particularly interesting or earth shattering up to that point anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

A couple of months ago, there was a thread about all the sports/GAA books that were coming out for Xmas, Paul Galvins included. I think the thread was originally about Shane Currans book, but it soon veered off into talk about other GAA books. If you go do a search, you should be able to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I got it for xmas, had read it on the plane on the way home from holidays but have only half finished it. It's a decent read. You can tell it's actually written by Paul, there's no real rhyme or reason to it but it makes for great stories so far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Cheers everyone, I think I'll give it a go so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Just coming to the end.
    Interesting enough that I kept going.

Although it is his side of the story, he does seem to think that in all the controversial yellow cards, red cards and bans, that he was a completely innocent bystander in all of it.
    He fish hooked Cadigan because he was calm one trying to cool things down.

Enjoyable enough read though, and as a poster said above , perhaps a surprising amount about actual football.
    He is a bit of a different character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's actually very good, the only negative thing about it for me was that i read it straight after Anthony Daly's which is absolutely brilliant, however on the plus side i read it just before Cake Curran's which was complete rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

where would you get a list of how many books each sports person sold, id be interested to know how many galvin, daly, shane curran, brian o driscoll and roy keane sold.

Advertisement