Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New buid

Options
  • 11-01-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Is it possible to build a 4 bed family home on a 80 tho budget and what would be best way go do it

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

reubs wrote: »
    Is it possible to build a 4 bed family home on a 80 tho budget and what would be best way go do it

I would say no, not an absolute chance in hell.

What stage are you at?

Bear in mind the following costs :

planning
    tender
    Building Control and supervision.
    Minimum room sizes are per building regulations and planning regulations can dictate the size of this 4 bed house.

Im sorry but 80k would not build what you want in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reubs

kceire wrote: »
    I would say no, not an absolute chance in hell.

What stage are you at?

Bear in mind the following costs :

planning
    tender
    Building Control and supervision.
    Minimum room sizes are per building regulations and planning regulations can dictate the size of this 4 bed house.

Im sorry but 80k would not build what you want in my humble opinion.

😢😢 was thinking that but I would say that's all we will have. .
    have site have house for sale but doubt we'll get anything more that 80 have no other way to finance...was hoping there would be a way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

have site have house for sale but doubt we'll get anything more that 80 have no other way to finance...was hoping there would be a way

Look at what 80k will buy...then realistically imagine what it would take to build a 4 bed new house.

Maybe you need to re-consider selling your current property and keep saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

How much of the work can you do yourself ? How much would you have to spend on ,planning and engineers ,development levies - esb connection - sewerage system - water connection - professional fees ect.
    Even rent when you've sold your old place and are waiting for the new place to be live able -
    I'd say you mightn't have much change out of your 80k with the above and haven't laid a block yet!!

If you contact a system house builder in your area ,they'll have a variety of house and bungalow plans and a pretty accurate costing for the build -(can depend on site and site works) , on to that you'd have to add your services...
    You can get really good value .. But don't expect miracles-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Markcheese wrote: »
    How much of the work can you do yourself ? How much would you have to spend on ,planning and engineers ,development levies - esb connection - sewerage system - water connection - professional fees ect.
    Even rent when you've sold your old place and are waiting for the new place to be live able -
    I'd say you mightn't have much change out of your 80k with the above and haven't laid a block yet!!

If you contact a system house builder in your area ,they'll have a variety of house and bungalow plans and a pretty accurate costing for the build -(can depend on site and site works) , on to that you'd have to add your services...
    You can get really good value .. But don't expect miracles-

Change from 80k ?

It's not change you need - 80k is nowhere near enough. And by a long way. A 120 sq m 4- bed house would cost € 144k.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

galwaytt wrote: »
    Change from 80k ?

It's not change you need - 80k is nowhere near enough. And by a long way. A 120 sq m 4- bed house would cost € 144k.

That's what I said - he could spend most of the 80 k and not be above ground yet-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Where are you building the house have you land?

I know someone who is in the process of getting a log cabin for less than 80.
    Something like these.
    -snip- Obviously there will be other associated costs.

I believe that he ordered direct from a Norwegian company

ted1 wrote: »

Something like these.
    -snip-Obviously there will be other associated costs.

If you can get planning for a log cabin then fine, but I cant see a log cabin meting the building regulations for a new dwelling.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kceire wrote: »
    If you can get planning for a log cabin then fine, but I cant see a log cabin meting the building regulations for a new dwelling.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Something like these.

thats a sneaky caveat thrown in there - would you care to estimate what the final cost of the build will be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That particularly site says about 30%. Next time I'm talking to my friend I'll get some proper details

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reubs

Something like these.

Hi do you know we're they are getting it from is there a web site I could look at

Advertisement