Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can no longer view youtube, even after activated ABP, still nothing

Options
  • 11-01-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hopefully, someone can help me with this, it was ok a few days ago, but for some reason it's not workin now, even though i've activated/deactivated ABP, but to no avail, still can't see nothing?

What can i do, to rectify it, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Which browser are you using, and have you tried another? Look in the add-ons/extensions settings in your browser, notice anything unfamiliar or unusual?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Which browser are you using, and have you tried another? Look in the add-ons/extensions settings in your browser, notice anything unfamiliar or unusual?

I forgot to add that i'm using Firefox, i'll have a look at the settings in the browser or add-ons.

You could give Chrome a whirl. I believe it has it's own version of Flash built in so it will probably just work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I sometimes have to do a disk cleanup and wipe cookies, history and whatever whenever youtube just refuses to play ball for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? (serious question)

• Advertisement

I haven't really updated Firefox in a good while, as i've heard the newer versions are more troublesome.

I haven't used chrome, but i suppose i will be soon as i must get around to using the chromecast i got a while ago.

All i see on youtube is the placeholder, afaik that's what it's called as you see the image/picture of F on the video.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? (serious question)

Have you been watching the IT Crowd recently, by any chance :P

Have you installed NoScript? It's used to block scripts auto running and it should display a small S with a slash through it on blocked content. If you have you can select what scripts you want to run with the icon on the bottom right of the browser. If you haven't installed it you can uninstall Flash in Programs and Features in the control panel, and then you can re-install Flash through the Adobe Flash website.

Have you installed NoScript? It's used to block scripts auto running and it should display a small S with a slash through it on blocked content. If you have you can select what scripts you want to run with the icon on the bottom right of the browser. If you haven't installed it you can uninstall Flash in Programs and Features in the control panel, and then you can re-install Flash through the Adobe Flash website.

No, i don't think i have installed noscript, but have heard of it, is NoScript on the Adobe website?

No, you would download it from https://noscript.net/ or through the browser store/add on repository. You would download Flash from the Adobe website.

• Advertisement

No, you would download it from https://noscript.net/ or through the browser store/add on repository. You would download Flash from the Adobe website.

Thanks, i knew as soon as i posted that, it wasn't on the Adobe website,
    but looking at the add-ons i have, i noticed that i have Flashblock 1.5.18 as well as ABP 2.6.6

That sounds like a likely culprit. You should have an option to disable it so try that.

That sounds like a likely culprit. You should have an option to disable it so try that.

I've disabled Flashblock & now i can see! :)

The clip on youtube was this classic & actually i was starting to feel that way :D

Cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I haven't really updated Firefox in a good while, as i've heard the newer versions are more troublesome.
    It's not really a good idea to let your browser go out of date like that. Updates are typically about security more than anything.

Advertisement