Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cost of building a house in 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JamesK23

Also the project is 2100 square feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

JamesK23 wrote: »
    I just had a price giving to me from Passive Builder who will also design the house. He has given me a price for all fees and construction costs of €125 per square foot. The site will need a well and waste treatment. The price did not include tiling, wooden floors, painting or the kitchen units. I also met with the bank recently who told me I should be able to bring a passive house finished in at around €100 per square foot .I thought it was quite expensive as the same builder told me in November he can bring in a project like mine for Approx €100 per square foot.

tbh, both of those figures sound low. Esp for a passive house.

The figure from your bank is plain wrong.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭19driver83

What would the cost be for a 2 storey 3200sqf house in Cork county.
    Underfloor heating.
    High spec windows.

To builders finish excluding kitchen.

19driver83 wrote: »
    What would the cost be for a 2 storey 3200sqf house in Cork county.
    Underfloor heating.
    High spec windows.

To builders finish excluding kitchen.

€350k and upwards imho

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ckc

Estimated cost for a 2 storey 2,500 sq ft detached new build in Co Wicklow?

Site already cleared and services available.

Basic spec to meet requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

galwaytt wrote: »
    tbh, both of those figures sound low. Esp for a passive house.

The figure from your bank is plain wrong.

I did costs based on drawings, coming to 125/sqft
    i met with bank, they didn't want to know about my maths, they look at CIF website, so it's 65-100/sqft

bold statement; I think bank officials giving out mortgages are not qulaified to do so, they should have some QS qualiafication

I did costs based on drawings, coming to 125/sqft
    i met with bank, they didn't want to know about my maths, they look at CIF website, so it's 65-100/sqft

bold statement; I think bank officials giving out mortgages are not qulaified to do so, they should have some QS qualiafication

...they're completely wrong; don't take my/your/our word for it, they should look it up here: https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator

When you go to get house insurance it I guarantee you the insurance company won't insure it at €65/ft2...........

Mind you: which cost base works best for your application ? maybe that's the way to look at it..........

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Naochanaoi

Which bank quoted those #s

Just got quotes back today ranging from 295k to 340k for 200sqm house plus awkward basement/garage 40sqm.
    Does include pretty much everything

Naochanaoi wrote: »
    Just got quotes back today ranging from 295k to 340k for 200sqm house plus awkward basement/garage 40sqm.
    Does include pretty much everything

That's more like it.

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement

Just wondering if hiring a project manager would be cheaper, anyone?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

ask your certifer

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daz23

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a price for a 3200sq ft two story in Cavan underfloor heating . We have a site gifted to us but we will need site works carried out still.

We had a architect out inspecting the site at the weekend and he reckoned that it would cost around €85 sqr foot, which going by some of the posts on this thread seem under what everyone else is saying.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

daz23 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a price for a 3200sq ft two story in Cavan underfloor heating . We have a site gifted to us but we will need site works carried out still.

We had a architect out inspecting the site at the weekend and he reckoned that it would cost around €85 sqr foot, which going by some of the posts on this thread seem under what everyone else is saying.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this
    cheers

Not a chance! Budget for €110. Dunno what size the site is or what its state so cant possibly give an opinion on that.

cronin_j wrote: »
    Not a chance! Budget for €110. Dunno what size the site is or what its state so cant possibly give an opinion on that.

what is included for the €85 or €110/sqft?

I could build a house for less than that;
    1k kitchen, 1k stairs, painted floors & walls throughout, no windows, *, etc to make it cost low

are we all talking about the same standard of design/build/heat/finishes etc?

*leave the wife, therefore reducing the standard & cost of everything!

Which bank quoted those #s

BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

what is included for the €85 or €110/sqft?

I could build a house for less than that;
    1k kitchen, 1k stairs, painted floors & walls throughout, no windows, *, etc to make it cost low

are we all talking about the same standard of design/build/heat/finishes etc?

*leave the wife, therefore reducing the standard & cost of everything!

Thats builders finish, includes a stairs but no kitchen or finishes of any kind. Houses im pricing at that level are to BER Cert A3

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭joeirish

I didn't and saved whatever a PM would cost. it is not that difficult especially if you have a good TF company and competent follow on trades IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

hi, was looking rough estimate for self build of 1100sq foot house, needs new waste water system and demolition of existing house in cork area.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

physioman wrote: »
    hi, was looking rough estimate for self build of 1100sq foot house, needs new waste water system and demolition of existing house in cork area.

Thanks

Has your Assigned Certifier prepared accurate construction drawings so you can get an accurate quote?

Otherwise just use the rule of thumb of €1500 Sq. M and see if it's in or around your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

kceire wrote: »
    Has your Assigned Certifier prepared accurate construction drawings so you can get an accurate quote?

Otherwise just use the rule of thumb of €1500 Sq. M and see if it's in or around your budget.

Its not part of the role of the AC to provide construction drawings unless agreed that it is part of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kopkid99

Anyone have any figures on gutting a kitchen. 40 squ meteres approx. Even where to get a quote would be appreciated.

I know the kitchen prices, floors etc are variable but im looking at a the cost (less materials) of gutting and scructure work, (installing sliding glass doors where we have windows not included)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Kopkid99 wrote: »
    Anyone have any figures on gutting a kitchen. 40 squ meteres approx. Even where to get a quote would be appreciated.

I know the kitchen prices, floors etc are variable but im looking at a the cost (less materials) of gutting and scructure work, (installing sliding glass doors where we have windows not included)

Hire a skip, get a mate in, do it yourself. You will need a plumber to disconnect the sink plumbing and gas cooker or an electrician to cut the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Just as a reminder, This thread is for discussion on prices and costs of building only. Any side issues should be opened up in the main forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

So.........finished plastering outside today.

Spent to date: 86K (ish) on self build.
    Foundations: 16500 Foot print of circa 1250 f2, 120mm insulation, finished floor, plumbed for rads
    Blockwork: 14500 also includes all sills, lintels, materials and labour for timber first floor
    Roof: 14500 SVK fibre 20 yrs slates, includes 2300 to purchase scaffold
    Windows: 12000 light oak, 23 windows, 2 back doors, a french door, 0.8 window, no front door, this was cost price as I know the owner very well)
    Poujoulat Chimney system: 8K (would change this if i could)
    MVHR first fix: 5500 (only 800 left for second fix)
    Plastering outside 3600
    Airtightness materials 1300
    Council contrib 3000
    Planning costs 6000 includes site test, planning fees, architect, solicitor for site transfer, insurance,provis BER).

Hoping 50K will get me to builders finish.
    Plumbing and solar 21K
    Wiring: 10K
    Plastering inside 5K
    Insulation 4K (Wall and attic)
    External GW 8K (have planning for a standard septic tank).
    1K blower test and septic tank cert

So builders finish for 135K or around 63 per square foot. Mistakes made....plenty but enjoying the process.

Pic not up to date but you get the idea

IMAG0322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

How do the SVK slates compare to Tegral price wise?

tbukela wrote: »
    How do the SVK slates compare to Tegral price wise?

Cant remember to be honest but there was nothing as such in it. Might have been a cent cheaper but that didnt drive selection.

Some prices in for Guttering and soffit and fascia

Black Aluminium seamless gutters all around house 380 euro (approx 40 metres)
    Black PVC soffit and fascia 850 euro (apprx 54 metres, bead already in place)
    Down pipes 120 euro

Supply and fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭john_eire

893bet wrote: »
    Some prices in for Guttering and soffit and fascia

Black Aluminium seamless gutters all around house 380 euro (approx 40 metres)
    Black PVC soffit and fascia 850 euro (apprx 54 metres, bead already in place)
    Down pipes 120 euro

Supply and fit

The pvc for 850 is the parts and labour
    How big is the house?

I got quoted 800 labour for same job
    House 2500sqft 2 story

Advertisement