Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cost of building a house in 2015

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

kceire wrote: »
    +1
    My cousins (Building Contractor) 2 blockies here in Dublin told him in January that their day rate was rising from 130 to 180. My cousin laughed and said I priced you at the lower rate, so they said this is the last job at this rate. Were getting it and more elsewhere, so all jobs going forward are now priced at the higher rate.

Thats cheap for dublin. I know of men getting this in the west of ireland and getting it regular. I would expect more like 200 a day for dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 22rabbits

Hi guys, does anyone know the cost i should expect for major changes to a upstairs apartment including extending out over a concrete roof the total upstairs would be 1566sq ft or 145sqm. There wont be any need for ground work but a fair amount work to the rear wall (old property) and a combination of a pitched roof and a flat roof for the extension.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

22rabbits wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know the cost i should expect for major changes to a upstairs apartment including extending out over a concrete roof the total upstairs would be 1566sq ft or 145sqm. There wont be any need for ground work but a fair amount work to the rear wall (old property) and a combination of a pitched roof and a flat roof for the extension.
    Seek professional on site advise, after that it's pie in the sky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buddie24215711

Hey folks, very new to this thing, its my first post on here. Thankfully we have been blessed with a site in Co. Kerry in the dingle area. Herself is from there and our pre-planning meeting went very well. Planner stated that we shouldn't have any problems(taken with a pinch of salt). We are currently finalising our house plans and have settled on building a dormer house with total area of between 2000 sq. feet to 2200 sq. feet, As I'm not from down there but would love to get some feed back from people who have built in Kerry as to what we can expect to pay per square foot for a contractor to build the house as a self build would be a non runner.
    Also any info on prices for to dig your own well and sewage treatment units for a detached house in the area, might be a stretch but any info would be fantastic.

(Our planner said to expect pricing at €140 per sq. foot, Does this seems awful pricey?)

House to be built to builders finish.
    Tiles, Kitchen, bathroom wear and windows an I will do myself.

hopefully will have finalised house plans by early in June and just don't want to be surprised by the prices that I get from the few building contractors I give plans to.

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sounds about right.
    Have you factored in contributions, connections and professional fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Sounds about right. I'm just finishing a similar build, 2100 sq ft in Kerry and its going to cost around 300k. That does include exterior stone though (30k). Expect to pay around 4.5 for your well provided it comes in under 250 feet. Mine came in at nearly twice that and it cost me 6.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Sounds about right. I'm just finishing a similar build, 2100 sq ft in Kerry and its going to cost around 300k. That does include exterior stone though (30k). Expect to pay around 4.5 for your well provided it comes in under 250 feet. Mine came in at nearly twice that and it cost me 6.5.

If you can get a well boring contractor to come and do a few jobs within a small radius, they might cut a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ruby rules

Hi, could anyone tell me what we should expect a 2200 sq foot bungalow should cost to build in Kildare south? Looking for a complete finish with kitchens and sanitary ware too. We were told by our architect no more than €100 a square foot, the €100 price would be to that finish, he said anywhere between €70 - €100 would be the norm but now it's looking like he is way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

ruby rules wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone tell me what we should expect a 2200 sq foot bungalow should cost to build in Kildare south? Looking for a complete finish with kitchens and sanitary ware too. We were told by our architect no more than ?100 a square foot, the ?100 price would be to that finish, he said anywhere between ?70 - ?100 would be the norm but now it's looking like he is way off the mark.

I'm building in North Kildare at the moment. Builders finish around 105 and in and finished including contributions, connection fees etc would bring it up to 135 or so I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement