Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The last time you laughed?

• 11-01-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

I realised today that it's been about 4 months since the last time I had a good laugh. Between giving birth to twins and dying once or twice, all the fun seems to have drained out of my life. So when was the last time you really laughed, and what was it at?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I just watched the new episode of danger 5, if you can't laugh at that show then there's something wrong with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

4 months without laughing? :(
    You have to laugh or smile every day!

I realised today that it's been about 4 months since the last time I had a good laugh. Between giving birth to twins and dying once or twice, all the fun seems to have drained out of my life. So when was the last time you really laughed, and what was it at?

Aw, that's awful. I'm really sorry. :(

I laughed today at my nephew who was telling me about his Xmas on the phone.

" ...an, an, an, an, then there was a big thing and an X... an, an, an, an, then I went to a show with Y..... an, an, an, an on Xmas day Santa gave me a Z...." etc, etc, without so much as a breath drawn. I love kids and their excitement. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Watch an episode of The Inbetweeners. :)

I laugh everyday. Usually at myself, with my boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I've laughed loads reading Boards today. I laugh 70% of the time in work. Any night out with the girls or even just TRX i find something funny to laugh about. Crying is what i dont do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I'm always laughing, watched Force Majeure last night, had a few bits in it that made me laugh in a way I haven't laughed since the last Lars Von Trier film.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Luckily, the dementia keeps me laughing fit. But in all seriousness, I spend usually 50-70% of my day laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm the same OP. I rarely laugh. I've been through a fair bit of **** of late but I'm hoping the fun side of me returns. I used to laugh a lot when I was younger but as I get old I am rarely made laugh or see reason to. I hope this changes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I watch reruns of friends and it always makes me laugh, always. I also find looking and listening to enda Kenny even when today he spoke in Paris in French ,that made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Newborns are hilarious, you're bound get a laugh out of them, ours is 16 days and makes us laugh every day. Perhaps speak to a professional?

• Advertisement

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Luckily, the dementia keeps me laughing fit. But in all seriousness, I spend usually 50-70% of my day laughing.
    That's pretty much all your waking hours. It would be pretty difficult to keep that up all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

These threads really become more and more mundane by the day.

Whens the last time you picked your nose.

Whens the last time you scratched your arse.

So much internet.

So little to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clermont1098

So much internet.

So little to say.

A few threads about arses today.

So much internet.

So little to say.

And yet you felt the need to click in and comment? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Found an adult animated cartoon called "Brickleberry" last week, watched all 3 seasons in a couple of days, had me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Larianne wrote: »

I laugh everyday. Usually at myself, with my boyfriend.

This! I genuinely laugh out loud every day. My boyfriend and I have the same ridiculous sense of humour which has me double over laughing every day.

Life is so serious, it is really important to find the light and silly in it.

The best thing you can have as a person is the ability to make others laugh!

kfallon wrote: »
    The best thing you can have as a person is the ability to make others laugh!

Yeah but it's pants when others cant repay the favour. I dumped my last bf cause he had feck all craic in him. I made him laugh non stop he just made me angry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

This made me truly *lol* :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My husband promised me that he would always make me laugh and hasn't let me down yet!
    (Now sometimes this can really get on my tits but for the most part it's fantastic.)

Surround yourself with happy people OP and give yourself a break from being a mammy, even if it's only for one night out. It'll do you the world of good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

I found as i got older and started a new job a year and a half ago i hardly laugh at all. Hard to find a work blance when youre on autopilot all the week. Maybe i need a change in my job where i jump out of bed instead of crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Sorry to hear that, OP. I've gone through stages like that in my life and I hope you find your laughter back soon when things calm down for you - I'm sure you will.

Luckily for me, I laugh a lot with my boyfriend. We had a laugh about 5 minutes ago over something silly. He's very easy to make laugh and is not at all precious about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I laugh a lot. More than most people, to the point where my cheeks hurt and I'm crying and snorting. It's embarrassing but it makes me feel good

I laughed earlier at curb your enthusiasm. I've laughed more than usual today actually, didn't think I'd be doing much laughing after giving up the smokes.

Tilly wrote: »
    Yeah but it's pants when others cant repay the favour. I dumped my last bf cause he had feck all craic in him. I made him laugh non stop he just made me angry :mad:

Done the right thing there!
    The cruder the joke, the more I tend to laugh :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Go onto Facebook and find a story about Justin Beiber and have a good laugh at the comments for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Every day. Either by my idiot friends or some random video on Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Didn't find the film as a whole too amusing but I laughed heartily at this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Mum and I were in tears laughing at some old photos of ourselves today.

Havn't a clue why I wore some of the things I did. Fluorescent green coat and baggy lilac 3/4 lengths.. :o

Watching It'll Be All Right on the Night presently. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Watching the latest QI (little and large)yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I read after hours every day.

There has to be at least one comment that will make you laugh out loud each day.

There are people here with super sharp wit and come out with great one liners. Waterford Whisper can be good as well.

WHen u go through a difficult birth and you experience something different to most mums, it can be hard to share and talk out the experience. I had an awful last birth, both of us ended up intensive care and it can take a while to get over that. I had issues with the baby so ended up throwing myself into looking after them.

You are probably exhausted looking after 2 little ones as well, it is hard work and when you are sleep deprived, your sense of humour goes out the window. try rest when they rest as much as you can, feck the housework and washing for a day or two and just spend time resting and cherishing your lovely babies. If anybody offers help, don't be shy take it!!

It might be no harm considering taking to someone professional just to talk through your experience. 4 months is too long not to laugh, you deserve a life with a bit of laughter in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's pretty much all your waking hours. It would be pretty difficult to keep that up all day.

Jesus, Mr.Analytical here. 50-70% of my time awake. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We watched the Wolf of Wall street last night, there are some hillarious bits in it where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Watching Sarah Millican doing stand-up on Comedy Central last night.
    She was doing a routine about not being broody but enjoying buying tiny tiny clothing. It was hysterical!

We watched the Wolf of Wall street last night, there are some hillarious bits in it where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Cerebral Palsy stage 4?

• Advertisement

I am currently watching The Office and even though I've seen this episode loads of times but the following line always has me in stitches:

"I think there's been a rape up there!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Newborns are hilarious, you're bound get a laugh out of them, ours is 16 days and makes us laugh every day. Perhaps speak to a professional?

In fairness, twins usually come early so have the complications associated with premature births. It's rarely straight-forward, and I doubt it's a laugh-a-minute while they're newborns. I think you're being a bit trigger-happy calling for the white coats! Parenthood might be very easy for you, but if there were two of them, it probably wouldn't be so chillaxed ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

McChubbin wrote: »
    Watching Sarah Millican doing stand-up on Comedy Central last night.
    She was doing a routine about not being broody but enjoying buying tiny tiny clothing. It was hysterical!
    Been watching Tig Notaro on youtube. Yah. packin my lil outfits. in my lil suitcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Check out the thread of the day about wedding gift request
    V funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

Do you like my user name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Just now, spit a mouthful of beer over the PC :D

The League of Gentlemen on in the background :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I laugh at my young fella (3) every day, he just cracks me up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Right, I suppose I should do something about it, Any comedy recommendations? . It's been a very difficult time for me. As others posters said, I've been raising twins by myself so not exactly a barrel of laughs but as they get older it is getting easier! I look forward to the next few years laughing at their antics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

cassid wrote: »
    I read after hours every day.

There has to be at least one comment that will make you laugh out loud each day.

There are people here with super sharp wit and come out with great one liners. Waterford Whisper can be good as well.

WHen u go through a difficult birth and you experience something different to most mums, it can be hard to share and talk out the experience. I had an awful last birth, both of us ended up intensive care and it can take a while to get over that. I had issues with the baby so ended up throwing myself into looking after them.

You are probably exhausted looking after 2 little ones as well, it is hard work and when you are sleep deprived, your sense of humour goes out the window. try rest when they rest as much as you can, feck the housework and washing for a day or two and just spend time resting and cherishing your lovely babies. If anybody offers help, don't be shy take it!!

It might be no harm considering taking to someone professional just to talk through your experience. 4 months is too long not to laugh, you deserve a life with a bit of laughter in it.

Sorry to hear you had a tramic birth. Mine went ok but there was issues afterwards which made me very ill. It was such a scary time for my family as they were unsure if I was going to make it or not. I bounced back very quickly though and I suppose I have completely downplayed the situation as its a very difficult thing to deal with your own mortality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I've been making my way through every season of Peep Show again, a few episodes a day leaves me in a fit of heavy laughter followed by even heavier cringing. What a show :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Comedies nowadays are sh1te. The only good comedians around are Jack Dee and Sean Locke. And there's only so many times you can watch their shows before they too become unfunny. And babies are not funny, they're just annoying.

I've been making my way through every season of Peep Show again, a few episodes a day leaves me in a fit of heavy laughter followed by even heavier cringing. What a show :D

Super Hans is one of the greatest comedy characters ever! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Friends of friends or friends are not getting on with their neighbours

Anyway three slates came off their roof and bounced off their wall and then creased their neighbours car. No one injured. Hilarious though.

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Jesus, Mr.Analytical here. 50-70% of my time awake. :P
    That's still a sizable proportion of your day. I'm just trying to figure out if your jolly or crazy. Do you laugh maniacally whenever you see someone fall over? Is it like a compulsion that you can't stop laughing even if someone falls over?

Have you monitored how many hours of your day you actually laugh? This is serious business, it's no laughing matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

This is the last thing to make me laugh really hard.

NSFW

• Advertisement
Advertisement