Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Hair Straightening Dublin

Options
  • 11-01-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    After reading previous posts here I got my hair permanently straightened in Koreana but the results were not as straight as I'd hoped for! I'd like to get the Yuko Permenant Straightening done somewhere in Dublin, has anyone had this type/brand of permanent straightening done before and in what salon and for how much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I read up on this before and the comments on the salons in Dublin werent great. It was about 2 years ago. Things might be better now. Make sure you really research the place, you dont wanna end up bald from all those chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PGirl

Anyone else have any recs of where I can get it done?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got it done but in Malta a couple of years ago.

I'd be very cautious about it, I had very curly but very fine hair and ended up with limp lifeless hair which took six months to get rid of.

I'd not do it again tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patpan

Hi,
    I know there are already a lot of threads on here about this but most are few years old.
    I am wondering if anyone can offer advice on where to get this done in Dublin?
    I have seen koreana mentioned few times, can anyone recommend this place? I rang them but they did not seem to know what product they used.
    I have had this done before in uk and USA when on holidays there... Have had yuko, paimore, lisciou done... All excellent. Had yuko done in a Dublin salon once at a very high price and was not very happy... Was quite wavy and dry. Would just love to find a place in Dublin to get it done that's not too expensive.
    Also a lot of these salons mentioned here like koreana, violet and fantasy on Pearse st seem to be chinese and use chinese hair straightening products... Does anyone know how these compare to the japanese permanent straightening,/rebonding ones I have mentioned above?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think you are better off going to chinese places in Dublin to get chemical straightening. Korean in particularly had always got good reviews on here. There are places like cowboys and angels on south William street that do yuko. However, it is ridiculously expensive and they do it so infrequently that your better of getting it done in the chinese places who do it all the time. I got yuko done years ago in London and it was amazing. I just get the 12 week blowdry done now as I find it cheaper and lasts just as well on my hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 patpan

Thanks panda... Think I will try one of the chinese places... Just a bit wary!
    Think you are right about places doing yuko so infrequently tho.. I think it really is down to the skill and experience of the stylist regardless of what product they use. Thanks!

Has anyone got their hair permanently straightened in Fantasty Hair Salon on Pearse Street? Thinking of giving it a go - any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Over the last few years I've had my hair permanently straightened in a few salons in Dublin - here are my reviews:
    Koreana: €180 and my hair was still curly afterwards - very disappointed.
    Violet on Parnell Street: €90 and my hair was straight-ish.
    Violet on Mary Street: €90 and my hair was quite straight.
    I now need to get it done again as my roots are thick and curly. I'm thinking of going to Fantasy Hair Salon, any reviews on your hair and the price after visiting this salon?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

PGirl wrote: »
    Has anyone got their hair permanently straightened in Fantasty Hair Salon on Pearse Street? Thinking of giving it a go - any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Over the last few years I've had my hair permanently straightened in a few salons in Dublin - here are my reviews:
    Koreana: €180 and my hair was still curly afterwards - very disappointed.
    Violet on Parnell Street: €90 and my hair was straight-ish.
    Violet on Mary Street: €90 and my hair was quite straight.
    I now need to get it done again as my roots are thick and curly. I'm thinking of going to Fantasy Hair Salon, any reviews on your hair and the price after visiting this salon?

How did you get on? I'm looking for somewhere myself. My sister in law usually buys the shiseido cream in Thailand and does my hair for me but she's pregnant and ready to pop so I don't foresee her being available any time soon!

I went back to Violet on Mary Street and my hair was pretty straight and it cost €90. I'm living in Harold's Cross and saw that Venus Hair Salon in Kimmage does permanent hair straightening for a similar price so I might try there next time. Have you heard of any other good places?

Advertisement