Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 internet issues with upc wifi

Options
  • 11-01-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I have upc horizon max. My ps4 has been having issues connecting to the internet and servers like ea servers for fifa 15. When I go to the check connect sometimes it finds the IP address but cant get the internet connection. Sometimes it connects but most of the time it doesn't connect. I get error CE-33986-9 and says cannot connect to the server within the time limit.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I have upc horizon max. My ps4 has been having issues connecting to the internet and servers like ea servers for fifa 15. When I go to the check connect sometimes it finds the IP address but cant get the internet connection. Sometimes it connects but most of the time it doesn't connect. I get error CE-33986-9 and says cannot connect to the server within the time limit.

Any suggestions?

I have been having issues with this lately. Upc horizon max package. Netflix is regularly crashing when played through the ps4. Works perfect on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Check your connection under settings and network on the PS4, see if it says NAT Type 3. If it does, that could be your issue and you'll need to change your router's type to Nat 2.
    Plenty of places forums on the web that'll give you instructions how to do that for your router.

This helped me with Far cry issues, so might be similar:
    Wow. So since the game launched on Nov. 18th. I've never been able to play Co-op with my friends. Could play about 5/10 minutes of it with a stranger. After numerous email, phone calls and internet research. I finally figured out my issues. Even though my NAT was Type 2 I did what the link said and Openned up ports. I am no networking wizard by any means but I am able to figure things thanks to youtube and other varies sites. I am happy to say that I just finished playing 2 hours with a buddy via Co-op and the game is amazing! No issues at all. No Lag. So here is what I did to help the issue hopefully it helps you too...
    I first looked up on my PS$ network settings my personal IP address. Specifically the last number. Wrote it down.
    Then I researched how to connect directly to my router and I have a linksys e2500 so it was the standard IP number on my web browser. I logged in.... Then for my router it was application and gaming. Then Port forwarding Then I put in a start value of (80) to (443) set that to TCP and put in my ps4 IP address and clicked enabled. Then I put in a start value of (9000) to end (21120) set that to UDP and put in my ps4 IP address and clicked enable. I also restarted my Ps4 and launched the game and had no issues connecting with my friends game at all. Like i said it was a great moment after terrible CO-OP far cry 4 issues.
    I know you might think it's stupid that you have to open ports. Believe me I do too. But until ubisoft has another solution I would like to think that I made it work.
    All of this info can be found on their website. In the link below. But if you are like me you probably thought I have NAt type 2 not Type 3 so why would this work? well it does. Try it out. Hope I helped you out in someway.
    Add me on psn if you are interested in playing. Psn name is JOSHBENZ
    https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/47/4277/ps4-far-cry-4-connection-issues/kA030000000eijoCAA

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gary Norris

My router is type 2 so thanks for your help. I'll keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Aside from setting up the port forwarding as described in that piece I posted, the other thing that finally made online work for me was turning off my router's internal firewall. Try that and see if it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I have UPC Horizon and am not having any trouble at all. All i get is a notice saying that the router can't use IP fragmentation or something but it hasn't affected my ability to play online though. NAT2 also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Connects to my Wi-Fi but when i test it, it fails after finding the IP address

I can't even connect to the PlayStation network

When it did work all my apps such as Netflix, YouTube, dailymotion, spotify and the WWE network were really slow and the buffering was so bad they were unusable

Getting annoyed now ??? All my other wifi devices work perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Connects to my Wi-Fi but when i test it, it fails after finding the IP address

I can't even connect to the PlayStation network

When it did work all my apps such as Netflix, YouTube, dailymotion, spotify and the WWE network were really slow and the buffering was so bad they were unusable

Getting annoyed now ??? All my other wifi devices work perfectly

Have you tried using it wired to the box for testing?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have you tried using it wired to the box for testing?

Upc box and PS4 are on different rooms

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »

How do they work ??

I put that on my wall and it picks up the Wi-Fi signal from the downstairs box while the plug is connected to my PS4 through a short Ethernet cable ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How do they work ??

I put that on my wall and it picks up the Wi-Fi signal from the downstairs box while the plug is connected to my PS4 through a short Ethernet cable ???

They use the electricity cables around the house as a network. You have two power plugs, Put one beside your router, and plug the Ethernet cable into it and the router. Put the other power plug beside your PS4 and again plug the Ethernet cable into both. Set your PS4 to wired connection and sit back in amazement at the outrageous speed increase:)

whiterebel wrote: »
    They use the electricity cables around the house as a network. You have two power plugs, Put one beside your router, and plug the Ethernet cable into it and the router. Put the other power plug beside your PS4 and again plug the Ethernet cable into both. Set your PS4 to wired connection and sit back in amazement at the outrageous speed increase:)

That's how bad my download speed is lol.

I'll invest in one of those plugs soon thanks

Advertisement