Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the better deal for dslr

• 11-01-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking to buy my first dslr. I've decided on a canon 1200d due to price & spec. I've seen 2 offers : €399 incl camera 18-35mm is lens or €399 incl camera 18- 35mm non is lens, camera bag, 8gb S&S card and free camera course(don't have the specifics in the course yet) is the IS lens a big deal or not? I am an enthusiast starting more than anything else & not sure what is best. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

The IS lens *MIGHT* be a big deal depending on the type of photography you want to do, and how steady your hands are.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that both are selling the kit with the same lens, though. The IS lens alone would probably be more than €399, I would think. It's probably a typo. (may be an intentional typo that they can deny if someone comes asking.)
    If you're going to try going fo r the IS one, make sure you ask them the question first, and that you check when you get it. A Canon IS lens should be pretty much white or eggshell, I think, and their regular lenses are black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Heebie wrote: »
    A Canon IS lens should be pretty much white or eggshell, I think, and their regular lenses are black.

That is not correct, there are numerous canon lens that are black and have IS. The majority (but not all) of white lens are canon "L" series lens when the focal length goes above 200mm.

Advertisement