Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern deactivated firearms

Options
  • 11-01-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Appologies for posting another deactivated post, I know there are a few, although I was a bit confused.
    Can I order a UK standard deac. BEFORE going to the garda superintendent and when the gun arrives go to him? Or do I need to get any sort of letter to say he approves of the weapon before it comes into the country?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

KennyG18 wrote: »
    Appologies for posting another deactivated post, I know there are a few, although I was a bit confused.
    Can I order a UK standard deac. BEFORE going to the garda superintendent and when the gun arrives go to him? Or do I need to get any sort of letter to say he approves of the weapon before it comes into the country?
    Thank you

Unless your planning to club someone to death with it, it is not a weapon. It's a deactivated firearm. You would need permission before it arrives, unless a dealer will be holding it until you have your permission. In other words, get the permission before you possess the deactivated firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KennyG18

Thank you for your reply! Very helpful

Advertisement