Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthcare management course

Options
  • 12-01-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone,

I am currently working within the healthcare sector & am hoping to move into a management position.
    However even though I have healthcare experience and manage people on a daily basis I have never been in an 'official management' role.
    I am hoping to undertake some sort of management course that will give a general overview of what is required for a role as a manager and ideally specific to a healthcare environment.
    However, I don't want a course that will take up to a year or two as I've already spent 6 years in college both at undergraduate and post graduate level and frankly I can't afford it!
    Ideally I was wondering is there any recognised courses run over a course of a few days/weeks or perhaps through online or distance learning and workshops (that won't cost an arm and a leg!) and what what qualifications/conferring bodies would potential employers be looking for?

(I'm based in Galway but am willing to travel if it's not for too many days).

Any information greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement