Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Some interesting figures alright.
    The DUB Commercial Movements 5 year graph showing 2008 still out performing 2015 in 8 out of the twelve months. 2015 just shades the figures in June July October & November. It is also interesting to note that there is noticeable drop in the December comparison. https://www.iaa.ie/who-we-are/flight-statistics/5-year-flight-statistics

However, I still reckon that 2015 will come out on top in regard of actual PAX figures, based on my understading that there are now more high capacity aircraft using DUB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR805 holding at Knock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

American Airlines aa45 Paris to new York returning to Paris squawking 7700.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Choo choooo all aboard the Dublin train.

33za82p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭lolie

Dublin to donegal heading back.
    Weather related?
    375036.png

lolie wrote: »
    Weather related?

Maybe its an Error, at 13:30 the weather at EIDL was 320 degree wind @18kts, CAVOK and a temp of 7c!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭BZ

Air Busan A320 HL8055 heading north from SNN starting it's long delivery flight to Korea.

lolie wrote: »
    Weather related?
    375036.png

Medical emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

VP-BLK out of Riyadh and Athens heading home tracking northwest near Iceland.

• Advertisement

BA634 left Heathrow for Athens, it was almost half way to Athens, over 1 hr 15mins into its journey flying just on the German Swiss border when it turned around and flew ALL the way back to Heathrow. Bit extreme no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Carnacalla wrote: »
    BA634 left Heathrow for Athens, it was almost half way to Athens, over 1 hr 15mins into its journey flying just on the German Swiss border when it turned around and flew ALL the way back to Heathrow. Bit extreme no?

Not if it's a tech thing and the parts are in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Unless you have more information than the crew did, how can you suggest that they did something "extreme"? In any case they would almost certainly have consulted company operations before deciding on a course of action.

Never have I suggested that I had more information and with the nature of aviation I'm sure it was the best option operationally, but for the pax having a 2hr 30mins tour of Europe just to end up back at the origin airport is just pure depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Never have I suggested that I had more information and with the nature of aviation I'm sure it was the best option operationally, but for the pax having a 2hr 30mins tour of Europe just to end up back at the origin airport is just pure depressing

One of those "First World" problems, unfortunately.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    One of those "First World" problems, unfortunately.

Its all relevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

FR6673 holding knock, fog id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

January wrote: »
    Not if it's a tech thing and the parts are in London.

so you get your passengers there and fly out on a small jet, like Ryanair would do for example.

at the moment, theres two sets of passengers stranded as opposed to one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

irishgeo wrote: »
    FR6673 holding knock, fog id say.

Still there! Long time in the hold

Locker10a wrote: »
    Still there! Long time in the hold

FR8142 due soon and looks like its heading to the hold pattern too.

so you get your passengers there and fly out on a small jet, like Ryanair would do for example.

at the moment, theres two sets of passengers stranded as opposed to one.

In January so loads as possibly light, they will probably accommodate the pax involved by placing them on the next service today! Not everything can be fixed using flown out parts !
    I think BA ops department know what they're doing !!!

• Advertisement

National Airlines 747 due into Shannon in the next few minutes. beast of a machine.

currently, theres 4 X 747's over that wider region.

latest met reports from knock 11am states fog thinning so might be hoping it will clear.

fr6673 is going for it.

irishgeo wrote: »
    FR8142 due soon and looks like its heading to the hold pattern too.

The Liverpool is making an approach now

unplanned diversion to Shannon i wonder?

could be a fuel stop also, but unusual flight path.

375137.jpg

The Liverpool is making an approach now

on the ground.

unplanned diversion to Shannon i wonder?

could be a fuel stop also, but unusual flight path.

375137.jpg

Either going for 06 initially or Shannon insisting on picking up a particular STAR.

Fog very dense at NOC at the moment, RVR's only 150m. Only 1 arrival left though and that's at 14:15.

EI911 just making contact with Connaucht tower,

RVR's RWY27
    Touchdown 275m
    Midpoint 275m
    Stopend 350m

With CATII (The highest Category available at Knock) ILS you need 300m in touchdown zone to make an approach, so EI911 plan on holding at Knock.
    Not much change over the past 30mins-60mins according to the tower.

14:19 update: Established in the hold (On first loop at 8000ft), RVR'S up to 300m at all points, will make an approach in a few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Knock's 2 pm SYNOP report gives visibility of 100 m while the METAR reports 150 m. The latter is prevailing visibility while the former is the minimum visibility observed in any direction. Weather is fog, with no change in the preceding hour. Temperature and dewpoint both 4.3 °C.

Not good, whatever way you cut it!

• Advertisement

RVR's improving further, Touchdown up to 400m.
    Fog may be lifting.

14:32- On the ground. 14:30 weather reports gives 200m with an RVR of 300m and vertical vis of 200ft. I'd say the landing was just at limits.

Issues at Shanwick:
    Released16/01/2016 13:22

SHANWICK OCEANIC TEMPORARY PROCEDURE
    DUE TO ONGOING MET DATA ISSUES AT THE SHANWICK AND GANDER OCEANIC ACCS AND TROPICAL CYCLONE ACTIVITY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE SHANWICK HAVE IMPLEMENTED PROCEDURES RESULTING IN A COMBINATION OF TACTICAL ROUTES, INCREASED SEPARATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS WITH REGARD TO EN-ROUTE LEVEL CHANGES.
    CLIMBS AND DESCENTS WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ALL FLIGHTS EXCEPT THOSE EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH REGARD TO FUEL TEMPERATURE, MODERATE TO SEVERE TURBULENCE OR OTHER EN-ROUTE CONTINGENCY.
    REDUCED LATERAL AND LONGITUDINAL SEPARATION STANDARDS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED.
    NMOC BRUSSELS ON BEHALF OF SHANWICK OCEANIC

The 911 made it in

Is there any reason there's a Regional ATR flying between ORK and DUB? Is it a special charter it just positioning the aircraft ?

Is there any reason there's a Regional ATR flying between ORK and DUB? Is it a special charter it just positioning the aircraft ?

Often see it, positioning.

Often see it, positioning.

Seems it's an Glitch on flight radar as it shows at FL230 heading to Scotland

Seems it's an Glitch on flight radar as it shows at FL230 heading to Scotland

Must be a Scottish flight so :)

Nevertheless, its quite a common occurrence. Stobart seem to rotate their fleet alot. Often when the positioning happens it appears like something has gone tech and they position something from DUB to minimize delays.

Several aircraft holding at GLA due to snow.

Hope fog is gone for tomorrow morning at noc. Going to Liverpool and don't have much of a window for delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Should be ,forecast for good vis with cloud scattered at 1300 feet and broken at 2500 feet. should be sound!

Would be unusual for fog to stick around that long even for NOC! There was no diversions today despite a dense fog for alot of the day. CATII ILS is great.

FR2047 ACE-LBA diverting to LPL after holding due to Snow at LBA.

Even as far south at LTN is reporting Snow!

All traffic holding at MAN.

You guessed it, due to Snow, some traffic landed 5 mins ago after some holding, but items are holding again. I'd imagine they have to clear the runways.

Update 23:40, Items leaving the hold now, a Ryanair on approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Just putting this all in perspective - last winter I was on a flight out to Zurich. Delayed on the ground in DUB because they were informed of a runway clearance interrupting the landing slot. No holding whatsoever in ZRH. I understand that snow is unexpected but perhaps some British airports need to get into that mindset. It seems every winter they have snow, why not bring in some joined up thinking... (That said they'd handle it better than DUB too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Advertisement

BA Dreamliner from Montreal is currently at FL430 over the Wexford coast. Haven't seen an airliner at that height since I don't know when.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

BA Dreamliner from Montreal is currently at FL430 over the Wexford coast. Haven't seen an airliner at that height since I don't know when.

Pretty regular for the 787s to be cruising around at FL410/430.

Pretty regular for the 787s to be cruising around at FL410/430.

Yes, 410 I have seen, but this is my first 430. I was a 43 virgin up to this morning! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

A lot of holding for Manchester this morning. Apparently runway damage

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

Anyone have any further info on this Gulfstreams travels?

cETG2hE.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement