Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

billie1b wrote: »
    Fisherman sustained a concussion and was unconscious, he has since regained consciousness and awaiting a lift off from the vessel, the rescue attempt was stood down last night due to high winds and high seas, Waterford based coastgaurd is on the way to get him now

Are you sure the coastguard collected him? Just that approx 2 hours ago I noticed an Aer Corp helicopter coming in from West Cork and landing behind Cork University Hospital.

Sorry when I say saw it, in real life that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

kub wrote: »

What's this real life you speak of? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

Falcon L wrote: »
    What's this real life you speak of? :)

Lol as opposed to little objects moving slowly along a screen......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Weather is forecasting for hurricane-force mean winds of 64 knots off the west coast at 3am on Thursday morning 15th Jan 15. This is on a par with the February 12th, 2014, storm. Just a heads up.

Wednesday evening 14th could be interesting.

334622.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

As fun as that will be to watch, I'm suddenly regretting my move back to the west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Are you sure the coastguard collected him? Just that approx 2 hours ago I noticed an Aer Corp helicopter coming in from West Cork and landing behind Cork University Hospital.

Just read on the article about it that the Valentia coastgaurd confirmed that the Waterford based coastguard was gone back to get the crew member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Oh, hello Part II

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

There are currently 3 A350s in the air :)

3e3535be6fb0931a8ae3d6254a914d7d.png

(All over France)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Most likely medivac112 you saw joint operation bettween national ambulance service and air corps could have been any call anything off shore would normally be coastguard helis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

I thought this was interesting. RAF Sentinel R1.

68c4bab4ddcb8e937e547af74f8c5c85.png

• Advertisement

AA B773 (ER) 32,000ft

B657410F-0032-4B84-B733-96B59B9393E4_zpsfurnw7de.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭N64

Did the new Dublin airport runway open yet? :D

rJyNqEu.jpg

0onWlgV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That happened the other night too! With the excessive winds, the plane decided to make a stop at santry and then taxi to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

British Airways 777 tips hangar at Heathrow as it was being towed for maintenance

http://news.sky.com/story/1406446/bang-british-airways-plane-hits-hangar

fr336 wrote: »
    British Airways Plane tips hangar at Heathrow as it was being towed for maintenance

http://news.sky.com/story/1406446/bang-british-airways-plane-hits-hangar

As shaggy said it wasn't me :)

sjb25 wrote: »
    As shaggy said it wasn't me :)

Oh thanks, now thats stuck in my head!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Oh thanks, now thats stuck in my head!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Just missed Dreamlifter right over the house!
    http://www.flightradar24.com/GTI4231/541ba4c
    Still over Ireland now - regular passer-overer?

More than an inch of snow possible tonight, if it hits Dublin airport, will it close again ??? :)

• Advertisement

More than an inch of snow possible tonight, if it hits Dublin airport, will it close again ??? :)

Well I nominate you to clear it all if it does!

Well I nominate you to clear it all if it does!

In exchange for a bag of money and a bit of plane-spotting, maybe:P

Nah just the warm glowing feeling of making all the lovely pax happy :pac:

€50 per hour extra on top of their normal salary the snow plowers get in Dublin Airport

Nah just the warm glowing feeling of making all the lovely pax happy :pac:

In that case, I'll watch the go around:)

€50 per hour extra on top of their normal salary the snow plowers get in Dublin Airport

You mean they get a base rate for doing nothing the rest of the year? :eek: That's the public service for you thieving pigs!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Where do I pick up the keys!!!!!

You mean they get a base rate for doing nothing the rest of the year? :eek: That's the public service for you thieving pigs!!! :pac:

Yes, and the extra €50ph would also explain why it takes so long for them to clear up the RWY's

Yes, and the extra €50ph would also explain why it takes so long for them to clear up the RWY's

Haha what? I was actually joking...I presumed they were average airport staff who were trained in snow procedures? I'm guessing I've picked you up wrong for sure? :p

Haha what? I was actually joking...I presumed they were average airport staff who were trained in snow procedures? I'm guessing I've picked you up wrong for sure? :p

Most of the older generation of DAA/Aer Rianta staff do nothing useful and get paid, their union protects them, cant remember what their yearly job is but when it snows they jump in the plows, drive 0.5mph and get paid extra for it and if they are called in from at home they get even more

Most of the older generation of DAA/Aer Rianta staff do nothing useful and get paid, their union protects them, cant remember what their yearly job is but when it snows they jump in the plows, drive 0.5mph and get paid extra for it and if they are called in from at home they get even more

Give me a good CD and il give an extra0.5mph on my plough if they give me a job :)

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    Give me a good CD and il give an extra0.5mph on my plough if they give me a job :)

Jeez I tell ya there was some days i'd be sitting on the apron in my tug and felt like going over and pushing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Army? Gazelle out around Belfast

http://fr24.com/AAC569

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Jeez I tell ya there was some days i'd be sitting on the apron in my tug and felt like going over and pushing them

:) I'd love a go in one for the Craic like I'd most likely brake either it or something around it tho :)

Cork LiveAtc feed is down :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I remember it well, and what made it worse was that some of the tugs I was involved with were on the small size for some of the aircraft they were supposed to push, and if the ramp was a bit icy, (not uncommon on some days) it could get "interesting" if the headset operator allowed engine start while pushing, especially on the stands that needed a push with a turn one way or another, there were times when the tug couldn't get enough grip to keep the push going, or even ended up being pushed the wrong way by the aircraft. That used to cause chaos, especially if the aircraft wasn't in a position to be able to taxy from the position that it had to be stopped at.

Strangely enough the worst offender for problems wasn't the wide body types, it was the good old 757, probably because the engines on them surge to a much higher spool up speed than the later larger engines, and the push when that happens can be enough to stall the tug. Some of the old (pre T2) B pier stands were a pain in that respect, the push had so many changes in direction.

The worst was the big Antonov 124's off the cargo stand on the corner of the old cargo apron, to the extent that it was often the case of having to get Aer Lingus to push it with their twin engine tug, as nothing else on the airfield could push and turn them, the normal tugs just didn't have the power to overcome the friction of all those tyres in the turn.

Hopefully, with all the new snow clearing gear they have at the airport now, if it does snow any time soon, they will be able to clear it, though in a North Easterly flow, the famous (see the weather forum for details) Isle of Man shadow can cause problems. It will be interesting to see how they cope if the weather does change any time soon.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Cork LiveAtc feed is down :(

How can you tell ? :pac:

Bit late http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR3327/54231b6 Wonder will it be returning to SNN tonight

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    How can you tell ? :pac:

Unless this is a joke, http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eick

I remember it well, and what made it worse was that some of the tugs I was involved with were on the small size for some of the aircraft they were supposed to push, and if the ramp was a bit icy, (not uncommon on some days) it could get "interesting" if the headset operator allowed engine start while pushing, especially on the stands that needed a push with a turn one way or another, there were times when the tug couldn't get enough grip to keep the push going, or even ended up being pushed the wrong way by the aircraft. That used to cause chaos, especially if the aircraft wasn't in a position to be able to taxy from the position that it had to be stopped at.

Strangely enough the worst offender for problems wasn't the wide body types, it was the good old 757, probably because the engines on them surge to a much higher spool up speed than the later larger engines, and the push when that happens can be enough to stall the tug. Some of the old (pre T2) B pier stands were a pain in that respect, the push had so many changes in direction.

The worst was the big Antonov 124's off the cargo stand on the corner of the old cargo apron, to the extent that it was often the case of having to get Aer Lingus to push it with their twin engine tug, as nothing else on the airfield could push and turn them, the normal tugs just didn't have the power to overcome the friction of all those tyres in the turn.

Hopefully, with all the new snow clearing gear they have at the airport now, if it does snow any time soon, they will be able to clear it, though in a North Easterly flow, the famous (see the weather forum for details) Isle of Man shadow can cause problems. It will be interesting to see how they cope if the weather does change any time soon.

Everything you said is very true, during the bad snow, '09/'10 we had to do an airstart on stand, it was a disaster, we had to get a tug to push my tug just to get her moving, the a/c was rocking back and forward, eventually got her pushed after a 4 hour delay, pax were happy

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Bit late http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR3327/54231b6 Wonder will it be returning to SNN tonight

All going well about 4am....

• Advertisement

de biz wrote: »
    All going well about 4am....

On time according to FR website!

I think the joke went over your head.

I know someone on that flight. They have been sitting in Krakow for 4 hours now with no info, my information that his plane has just left Shannon is the first he or anyone on that flight has heard.

Apparently anyone related to Ryanair is nonexistent since the standsted flight left and at that time they didnt even realise their flight was delayed.

I think the joke went over your head.

If it was a joke, i.e. funny, please explain to an idiot

I know someone on that flight. They have been sitting in Krakow for 4 hours now with no info, my information that his plane has just left Shannon is the first he or anyone on that flight has heard.

Apparently anyone related to Ryanair is nonexistent since the standsted flight left and at that time they didnt even realise their flight was delayed.

Carnacalla,

Many thanks for this,

Best regards,

fr336
    fr24 thread Daily Mail reporter

If it was a joke, i.e. funny, please explain to an idiot

Joke is that feck all happens in Cork so how can you tell the feed is down.

I'll get my coat before the Cork crowd get upset.

Joke is that feck all happens in Cork so how can you tell the feed is down.

I'll get my coat before the Cork crowd get upset.

Cork's my favourite one to listen to after Dublin. Of course Dublin is ridiculously more busy, but Cork has plenty enough going on most of the time. Certainly more than Shannon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's an aircraft just north west of Milan at just over 10000ft but travelling very slow - between 33 & 44kts. Registration is D-120, not aircraft type given. When I zoom it has the weirdest track showing.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A rare one inbound from the west now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry, after a bit of digging I see that it is a glider based on the tail number. Strange that it is up there at midnight local time. It was also there last night too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement