Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing dog from the ROI to Northern Ireland

• 12-01-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

Quick question.. Are there any special rules and/or regulations or can I just bring my dog into northern Ireland from the ROI? I couldn't find any online.. He has a passport, valid rabies vaccination and a microchip.

Thanks!

Ps. Hope this is the right category. Sorry if it's not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

No problems, you can just drive over the border. Legally you do need the passport and rabies vaccination, but I have never heard of anyone being stopped, and there are no border controls between NI and RoI. I drove up there today with some dogs to meet up with friends for a walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No. You don't need anything to go up north and anyway, there's no where you would be stopped or checked??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 phoenixx90

I thought so but just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the fast answers :)

Advertisement