Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening Safely

• 12-01-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

What steps do you take to ensure you work safely outside when using electric lawnmowers? Is there an extension lead you can buy that is safe to use outside?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

myshirt wrote: »
    What steps do you take to ensure you work safely outside when using electric lawnmowers? Is there an extension lead you can buy that is safe to use outside?

Buy a circuit breaker and don't mow over the cable, you may find throwing the lead over a shoulder helps to keep it out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Can you plug the circuit breaker into the wall; your extension lead into the circuit breaker; and your lawnmower into the extension lead?

Is that safe?

Good idea with throwing lead over shoulder, I'll use that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Mind the lead on the mower. I start in the corner nearest the plug and work away so i never have to go back over where hte lead might be.
    I run an extension lead out the window, its plug is fused and the sockets on a circuitbreaker anyway. Don't use it in the rain.

Advertisement