Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFT using standard SO and Acc Number

Options
  • 12-01-2015 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Hoping you can help.

I'm after transferring money from my credit union to my boi account. Only after completing the transaction did I realise that the details I had used were pre sepa as they were saved back in 2012.

I got an email confirmation within ten minutes telling me that the transaction was successful but I'm worried that I made an error not updating my account and sort code to Bic and Iban.

The cu is irish based as is my boi account. Is the transaction doomed to failure or will it find it's way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi FGR,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In this instance, you would need to contact the Credit Union as this will depend on how their system is processing the transfer and which bank their accounts are held with. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The transfer was a success. Money went from CU to BOI within twelve hours which, given that I made the request on a Sunday, was quite impressive.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement