Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sip.upc.ie

Options
  • 12-01-2015 8:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭

Port 5061 is open on sip.upc.ie. Does one dare imagine you might someday BYOD?? I also notice sip1.upc.ie also resolves.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

BYOD I don't know. Might be for business sip trunks or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

5061 is usually the TLS port

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

I think their modems use SIP to get to the network, but i think its a private link and is not available over the internet... I have been talking to UPC about getting a dedicated fiber line into the office and they say they provide a second dedicated link just for SIP traffic... I would like to use their service over SIP... my Linksys SPA400 is pretty past it at this stage...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

It would be very nice to get their voice service over SIP. I'm not familiar with their corporate offerings, but out of curiosity I'd love to hear what dedicated fiber and this additional SIP line get you, and of course at what price.

We are looking at getting a dedicated fiber connection into the office, and while on the phone to them, they said they could supply VoIP services. the VoIP is delivered over a separate dedicate connection and is not effected by the internet link. Think the quote was about 7k for 100mb/s a year and an extra 500 quid a year per 100mb. They said the SIP trunk was included at no cost for install, no monthly rental and you only paid for calls... We are looking at getting it installed in the next few months. install was 2k, but that is where we are. 36 month contract too...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any VDSL services available in your area? This can go up to 100Mbps down and 20Mbps up with vectoring.

Is the above for UPC cable or actual fibre? The former is probably cheaper.

Mr. G wrote: »
    Any VDSL services available in your area? This can go up to 100Mbps down and 20Mbps up with vectoring.

Is the above for UPC cable or actual fibre? The former is probably cheaper.

No vdsl or upc cable... Only fiber... Dedicated, 200mb both ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

If is dedicated I suppose it's not the worst price. The SoHo offering back when was for three dedicated IP's and a maximum contention ratio of 7:1, all using the regular cable and modem you already had for residential. This was priced around €80 which works out in the ballpark of what you'd be paying, albeit you have fiber which can't hurt. But take my info with a grain of salt, it's from maybe 4-5 years ago. Do you get a bunch of IP's too?

something tells me you have your maths a little wrong... forgot to carry a 1... 80 a month for a year is about what we would be paying for a month! :) mind you, the cable options have been upgraded... have not gotten a price yet, but they do hit 500mb/s down now... not sure the upload, but would guess somewhere around the 50mb/s mark. Think we are getting 4 usable IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hes gotten a fibre run directly into the building. He isn't using UPC's normal network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement