Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Returning an Iphone

• 12-01-2015 10:16am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having a couple of issues with my iPhone 6. Sound when using the earphone can be bad. The connection comes and goes. Tested it with another pair of earphone and same problem. Its as if the connection is loose.

The screen also seems 'lose' as when you press it, it clicks back in to position. How do apple handle returns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

They send a box to you via DHL. Place in the box and DHL take it to Apple UK. Replacement arrives via courier within a couple of days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is it just a straight exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

Giving the symptoms you've described I'd say yes. Either a new or Apple refurbished unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Where was it bought from? If you bought it from the online store and are with the 2 weeks of purchase you'll be able to return it. If you've bought it from an Apple Retail Store you'd be able to return it to that store as well, but I'm making the assumption that you're in the Republic of Ireland and haven't done this.

Beyond the 2 weeks you're looking at having the device serviced under the limited warranty. If you've purchased the device from anywhere else and would like to return it you'd need to get in touch with that particular reseller and see what their policies are. There are also your rights under consumer law regarding defective products, but that's separate from whatever policies the place you bought the device from has.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I bought it from carphonewarehouse but have been told to deal with apple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

godtabh wrote: »
    I bought it from carphonewarehouse but have been told to deal with apple

Apple can set up repairs under warranty, or you could do the Express Replacement if you want to be guaranteed a brand new device, but that costs ~€29. Beyond that, if you want the device exchanged for a new one you'd need to get in contact with the point of sale (in this case Carphone Warehouse).

If you were to setup a standard repair with Apple (the free, send out a box service) you might get a new or refurbished device, but they may decide to repair the phone and return it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any time I've sent an iPhone to Apple ive got a refurbished one back. OP send it to Apple otherwise cpw will have it for a minimum of 3 weeks and it probably won't be fixed properly when you get it back.

I rang apple. They said they would pick up up for repair. I could have had a temporary replacement but dont have a cc.

My options where
    pick up for repair with no phone
    pick up for repair with temp phone for a €30 plus a hold on my card
    Drop it up to Belfast

Could be without my phone for 7 days now

Apple is by far the quickest turn around for service.

Hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple can set up repairs under warranty, or you could do the Express Replacement if you want to be guaranteed a brand new device, but that costs ~€29. Beyond that, if you want the device exchanged for a new one you'd need to get in contact with the point of sale (in this case Carphone Warehouse).

If you were to setup a standard repair with Apple (the free, send out a box service) you might get a new or refurbished device, but they may decide to repair the phone and return it to you.

No guarantee of that using the Express Replacement. All it does mean is you will have a replacement unit in your hand before you send back the faulty unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I rang apple. They said they would pick up up for repair. I could have had a temporary replacement but dont have a cc.

My options where
    pick up for repair with no phone
    pick up for repair with temp phone for a €30 plus a hold on my card
    Drop it up to Belfast

Could be without my phone for 7 days now

It's not a temp replacement. What you receive is what you will own

It's not a temp replacement. What you receive is what you will own

That's not what I was told over the phone. I was told that I could get a temp phone and that a hold would go on my card. Told her I didnt have a cc and couldnt afford a hold (she said not many people did). Asked her about the express replacement and she said to €30 was a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

That's not what I was told over the phone. I was told that I could get a temp phone and that a hold would go on my card. Told her I didnt have a cc and couldnt afford a hold (she said not many people did). Asked her about the express replacement and she said to €30 was a fee.

It is more or less an advanced replacement; they will take a charge on your card just incase you haven't been truthful about the nature of the fault with the phone,

They will assume it is a warranty replacement, issue a new phone and if you send back a phone that has been smashed and covered in concrete they will just charge your card for the cost of the new phone. If it is a simple warranty issue they will remove the charge from the card and let you keep the replacement phone.

might ring them back and request that as I need to speak to them as they have the address wrong

might ring them back and request that as I need to speak to them as they have the address wrong

Rang Apple again to update my address. The person I was speaking to was able to sort me out with an express replacement.

He also had the same issue and we were playing clicking sounds of our screens over the phone!

How did you get an express replacement without a cc hold?

borrowed some ones cc

got my replacement. Was a refurb. Had someone elses apple id as the default when I restored it

Advertisement