Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters In Computer Science

Options
  • 12-01-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am starting my masters in Computer Science next September and im wondering is there anyone out there who could recommend any books that would be useful to get a head start on the course? or if anyone has any course notes or anything they'd be willing to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

is it taught/research? if taught which one?

You probably will be better served using online resources rather than a book.
    What sort of background are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 purplexmas

It is a taught masters in computer science in UCC CKR40. I completed my hdip in Applied Computing Technology in UCC but I would like to get a head start on the masters course any help would be appreciated. deRanged When you say online resources have you any in particular that you would recommend please?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Your lecturers would provide a recommended reading list. This would focus on the course. However this might be likely geared to an academic standpoint and perhaps less focused on industry practices and procedures. While on Boards.ie Dev. section there is a resource list, my own recommendations would be:
    Code Complete.
    The Mythical Man Month.
    How Google Tests software.
    These will put what you read in framework that might be of use in future employment.

Advertisement