Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best video editing software? (for personal use)

Options
  • 12-01-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to do a video collage as a birthday present for a friend but it's slowly ebbing away at my will to live.

I had been using Windows Movie Maker all along but recently it has been acting the total maggot with that never-ending 'Movie Maker has stopped working' message as soon as I open the program. I have tried changing the compatibility settings to Windows 7 (I currently have W8) and that hasn't worked. Neither has uninstall/reinstall.

I downloaded iSkysoft but, in order to use it for free, it has that bloody watermark on it and I ain't willing to get the paid version.

I also downloaded VSDC but I find it about as user friendly as a book on advanced quantum physics. Can't see myself persisting with it at all.

I would welcome any suggestions on which is the best FREE video editing program to go with. It's only for personal use - not professional - so something basic and user friendly would do the finest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭JuneJones

I'm trying to do a video collage as a birthday present for a friend but it's slowly ebbing away at my will to live.

I had been using Windows Movie Maker all along but recently it has been acting the total maggot with that never-ending 'Movie Maker has stopped working' message as soon as I open the program. I have tried changing the compatibility settings to Windows 7 (I currently have W8) and that hasn't worked. Neither has uninstall/reinstall.

I downloaded iSkysoft but, in order to use it for free, it has that bloody watermark on it and I ain't willing to get the paid version.

I also downloaded VSDC but I find it about as user friendly as a book on advanced quantum physics. Can't see myself persisting with it at all.

I would welcome any suggestions on which is the best FREE video editing program to go with. It's only for personal use - not professional - so something basic and user friendly would do the finest!

lightworks?

Kate's Video Toolkit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Will give those a try, cheers! :)

Advertisement