Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Fab - we are off tomorrow too up North, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Got paid yesterday.
    Its Friday.
    Its a Bank holiday weekend.
    We're heading down the country with the family for a few days tomorrow morning.
    I'm off work next week.
    I'm not in work for 9 whole days!!

Reasons to be cheerful? Absolutely!
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Fab - we are off tomorrow too up North, can't wait!

Safe travels guys.

We have a busy few days ahead..... funeral, christening and a whole load of stuff in-between so probably not be on much till Tuesday.

Have a good one all.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Just found out hubby will be home for Christmas this year
    Normally hubby has to work all over Christmas, at least the last five years
    It’s normally just me and the kids here for Christmas so I am really excited now
    Couldn’t ask for a better reason to be cheerful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

shelly22 wrote: »
    It’s normally just me and the kids here for Christmas so I am really excited now

That really is reason to be cheerful :)

Came in here for some Christmas cheer. Did not disappoint! That's wonderful. I'm sure you're kids will be over the moon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Came in here for some Christmas cheer. Did not disappoint! That's wonderful. I'm sure you're kids will be over the moon!

Thank you so much
    Yes they are so excited 😆
    Feel like I can really enjoy Christmas this year

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's lovely, Shelly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Great news, Shelly22 !

Christmas is all about people you get to spend it with first and foremost.

First week back done and dusted :)

Hope you all have a great weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »

I’m working tomorrow and have a mountain of house to catch up on, on Sunday. So yeah...... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Relaxing with a glass of wine as I type this. Work can wait until Monday and we even have the grocery shop done for the week ahead too... house doesn't need too much work so hoping to get some exercise in too.
    Have a good one ya'll...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This week we will be half way through the month of January!! :D

Monday is done and dusted. Look Friday is on the horizon. :D

Loughc wrote: »
    This week we will be half way through the month of January!! :D
    Monday is done and dusted. Look Friday is on the horizon. :D

Loving the max positivity these days :)

It's Friday - we've made it through another January week :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    It's Friday - we've made it through another January week :D

This week seemed to fly by! Hard to get motived for work today so got to kick my a@@ into gear now so get out a bit early.

This week seemed to fly by! Hard to get motived for work today so got to kick my a@@ into gear now so get out a bit early.

We introduced finishing at 4pm on Fridays since coming back after the Christmas holidays. Its amazing the difference an hour & 15 minutes makes when finishing up for the weekend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

In my old job, I used to finish at 3.15 on a Friday, it was brilliant, nearly felt like you had the afternoon off. The day used to fly by, you'd come back from lunch and only have little over an hour to do! It nearly made up for the utter sh*tshow of a job, but only just nearly :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Same here, in an old job we finished at 4.15 on a Friday instead of 5.15 and honestly, it was like you'd a half day sometimes :D

• Advertisement

I usually get into work about 7am on a Friday as no kids to drop to Breakfast club or Montessori so finish up around 3.30. Missing the rush hour trains and being home that couple of hours early is a great way to start the weekend!

Just about to pack up for the day/week.

Have a good one guys.

We introduced finishing at 4pm on Fridays since coming back after the Christmas holidays. Its amazing the difference an hour & 15 minutes makes when finishing up for the weekend.

I finish at 4 on a Friday myself and by the time I finish I will have clocked up over 60 hours work this week so I am very much so looking forward to the weekend!!

Crikey, did you sleep in the office too?!

I finish at 4 on a Friday myself and by the time I finish I will have clocked up over 60 hours work this week so I am very much so looking forward to the weekend!!

Had more than enough 60+ work hour weeks in 2019 due to a crazy workload, doing to my best to avoid them as much as possible this year but being realistic am all too aware I will end up pulling a few mad weeks at some stage.

Did 6 weeks in a row of 60+ hours at one stage last year. I was fit for nothing after it with my head ready to implode! Honestly felt like I was losing my mind.

Had more than enough 60+ work hour weeks in 2019 due to a crazy workload, doing to my best to avoid them as much as possible this year but being realistic am all too aware I will end up pulling a few mad weeks at some stage.

Did 6 weeks in a row of 60+ hours at one stage last year. I was fit for nothing after it with my head ready to implode! Honestly felt like I was losing my mind.

Thankfully I’m not that bad. We tend to have 2 60+ hours week a year, one 50+ hours each month and the rest are okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I had a very long week. I’m up to date with everything so taking Monday off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We're over halfway through the month everyone! That's gotta be worth celebrating :)

Heroditas wrote: »
    We're over halfway through the month everyone! That's gotta be worth celebrating :)

It really is!! :)

• Advertisement

Just defrosted a frozen mince pie to celebrate getting beyond humpday of the month (16th Jan) and then pop in here and see this thread... great minds and all that!!!

Advertisement