Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Another beautiful day the warmth in the air is making things alot happier :)

Just checked in here before turning off the PC for the evening & going for a run & have to agree, what a stonkingly lovely evening it is out there! Hope we get a few more days like this into the weekend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had a lovely sunny walk with the doggie this evening, in the park. Really cheering. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Had a lovely sunny walk with the doggie this evening, in the park. Really cheering. :)

Same it was roasting Out my poor doggo was feeling it tonight haha. The park I went to was packed with people! Like too many people!

Mine too, it felt like a normal day, which was both good and bad to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Not commuting to work has been great. A small thing I know.

• Advertisement

Hey, we need the small things! :)

My commute has been cut in half, and it was a short enough commute to begin with! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

My commute now has more stairs!! (home office in attic, real office on first floor)

It's Friday! :)

It's Friday! :)

& still sunny!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's the best thing about the lockdown for me and I don't have an overly long commute but it just saves so much time to get stuff done around the house.

• Advertisement

I'm cheered by people here saying nice things about our little forum.
    What a lovely bunch of folks we have here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Elf No. 3 arrived last Wednesday :D All happy and healthy and settling in well at home :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Elf No. 3 arrived last Wednesday :D All happy and healthy and settling in well at home :D

Ah that's fantastic, congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Brilliant - congrats CL!

Brilliant :)

Was only thinking about you this morning as knew you were due around now so was great to log on and see your message!

Congratulations, CheerLouth! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That’s great news CheerLouth. Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations CheerLouth, glad all went well

IT'S just MAY!! :D:D

IT'S just MAY!! :D:D

If the next 4 months go as fast as the first 4 months will be Christmas build up before we know it :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Just noticed when thanking Freshpopcorns countdown post this morning that we're just a month away from being in the 100's on the countdown. Most years once we get into that stage the pace seems to quicken and before we know it we're into double digits... fingers crossed it happens again this year & we can move beyond this covid19 situation somewhat... I love the summer months & try to enjoy them as much as possible but must admit I'm already looking forward to autumn & winter now if it brings some semblance of normality with it.

My newly planted grass got some rain last night too... happy days!

DvB wrote: »
    Just noticed when thanking Freshpopcorns countdown post this morning that we're just a month away from being in the 100's on the countdown. Most years once we get into that stage the pace seems to quicken and before we know it we're into double digits... fingers crossed it happens again this year & we can move beyond this covid19 situation somewhat... I love the summer months & try to enjoy them as much as possible but must admit I'm already looking forward to autumn & winter now if it brings some semblance of normality with it.

The 100's is always a big milestone for me, love seeing a 1 first and then its a 9 first before we know it :)

Have the last two weeks of August booked off, no idea what, if anything, we'll be able to do/go however even ifs staying at home will at least be no work. Will be the highlight of my summer by the look of it!!

Roll on autumn......

DvB wrote: »
    My grass seeds got rained on late night, so also a happy camper! :)

Little victories!!

That's fantastic news! Congrats!! :)

My grass seeds are being lazy bums! either that or I didn't burrow them in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Loughc wrote: »
    That's fantastic news! Congrats!! :)

Thank you all so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stalker2020

spacetweek wrote: »
    When it's not stormy it's lovely and bright outside. I need my Vitamin D fix!

Weather is a big plus

Weather is a big plus

It’s literally been one of the best things about the lockdown.

• Advertisement

What a beautiful day. Smashing. Wine and beer cooling in the fridge, bbq ready to rock, looking like it could be a good day.

Enjoy it if you can!

Advertisement