Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a hefty discount the other day because "sure, isn't it nearly Christmas" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Myself and 2 cousins are all currently abroad (they're in Oz, me in Canada).

2 of us didn't go home for Xmas last year, and we were pretty sad about it. We realized the other day that we'll all be together again this Xmas. That, combined with a very ill relative getting the all clear (and we can all breathe again after a tense 2 years of treatment)- it's going to be a great Xmas 2015 :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Aw Lollipops23, that's great news - a happy 2015 and Christmas 2015 for you and yours :)

I'm cheerful becausey boyfriend and I are off to Edinburgh for a long weekend next week! And because it's St. Patrick's Day on the Tuesday, we have a two day week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I booked Monday off so I have a four day weekend coming up this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »

We're off on a weekend away in the hotel we got married in so my husband is off on Monday too. \o/

• Advertisement

One of the gifts I got for Christmas (pyjamas) had a rip in it so it had to be returned. I finally got around to ordering a replacement on Sunday and it arrived today. It's Christmas again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My brother is going to be getting engaged soon! Just myself and him in the family so it would be the first wedding.....presuming she says yes!! Of course, I'm already imagining holding a little niece or nephew :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

dug the bbq out of storage.. charred steaks for dinner! yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Four day weekend for me too, enjoy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A few reasons to be cheerful today. Going to the cinema tonight who doesn't like going to the cinema and cinema food :D

It's almost the weekend again! And I have a 3 day weekend this weekend. :D

• Advertisement

Top reason to be cheerful??

This effing weather!!! :D

After a crappy couple of days a Happy Easter card arrived in the post this morning and the I saw a sign outside the butchers advertising turkeys. I feel like it's nearly Christmas again. Definitely a reason to be cheerful.

It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :D:D:D

Quarter of the way through the year, clocks are going forward this weekend, brighter mornings and evenings and next week is a four day week....

Take your pick! :D:D

Collecting my new car tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Quarter of the way through the year, clocks are going forward this weekend, brighter mornings and evenings and next week is a four day week....

Take your pick! :D:D
    ^^ All of the above. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I have some really lovely Irish neighbours here in London, and after Christmas I brought some spiced beef back for them because you can't get it here. They obviously froze it, because my neighbour dropped in to me yesterday with a chunk of spiced beef for me.

My sandwich today tastes like Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ah - cold spiced beef, thinly sliced, mere trace of mustard - best sandwich in the world.

There's a rumour going around that in Cork, they eat spiced beef all year round - not just at Christmas!

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of spiced beef.. Where would a lad buy some of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

A lovely idea for a thread. Today my reason to be cheerful is I had a very positive day yesterday and today is my day off so I'm chilling out.
    The weather outside is a bit cold and it reminds me of winter (favourite season!)
    And later on in the week I have a lovely day shopping with my Mum.

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of spiced beef.. Where would a lad buy some of that?
    We always get it in Superquinn (now SuperValu), they get it in at the end of November and often run out of it by the time Christmas comes around.
    katemarch wrote: »
    There's a rumour going around that in Cork, they eat spiced beef all year round - not just at Christmas!
    Those crazy Corkonians! Thanks, I'll store that nugget away for future reference :D

• Advertisement

katemarch wrote: »
    Ah - cold spiced beef, thinly sliced, mere trace of mustard - best sandwich in the world.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

It is FINALLY summer (:

I've tried the find the deer in the Phoenix Park a few times and I've never been able to. Last night we were driving through the park to pick up someone from Heuston and we saw them all right next to the road. We had plenty of time so we were able to park and go have a look. They're so cool. On the way back they were crossing the road so we got to see them again. No Rudolph though.

Happy Friday!!! :D

The weather is so gorgeous today. I love Christmas, but my favourite part of the year is when we get lovely sunny, warm weather like this. Little things like being able to throw on sandals to head out to the shops or having all the windows open and not being cold make me very happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Two day week coming up :p Off to Dublin on Wednesday to see Dara O'Briain with an overnight stay at a lovely looking 4 star hotel right in the city center, and a nice old train journey there and back.

Been far too long since I was on a train. I miss trains.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't know if this is the right thread to put this in but had a very fun night last week at a Christmas-themed birthday party :D The birthday girl loves Christmas so there were Christmas decorations and lights put up, we all wore Christmas jumpers (some clever people wore Christmas t-shirts instead) and when she arrived we totally surprised her singing Happy Birthday and Jingle Bells :pac: It was in a small cinema and we had a surprise screening of Home Alone for her, so much fun!

miamee wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right thread to put this in but had a very fun night last week at a Christmas-themed birthday party :D The birthday girl loves Christmas so there were Christmas decorations and lights put up, we all wore Christmas jumpers (some clever people wore Christmas t-shirts instead) and when she arrived we totally surprised her singing Happy Birthday and Jingle Bells :pac: It was in a small cinema and we had a surprise screening of Home Alone for her, so much fun!

OMG that sounds like heaven!!!

*notes the idea for my next birthday party*

• Advertisement

Recent rain means don't have to water plants!!

Advertisement