Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, that's lovely, CheerLouth- it's great to have something nice to look forward to. :)

I'd love to book a couple of days away for August, but I've heard that prices are mad and it's hard to find anywhere available.
    I must have a good look online this weekend and see what's out there. Budget maximum 10k though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Budget maximum 10k though. :pac:

You can have my garden shed for a couple of nights, mates rates :D

PM sent

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'd love to book a couple of days away for August, but I've heard that prices are mad and it's hard to find anywhere available.
    I must have a good look online this weekend and see what's out there. Budget maximum 10k though. :pac:

I thought the same tbh, I just happened to have a quick look and managed to get a 2-bed apartment with access to a hotel swimming pool (if they are open) for 260 a night. There are five of us so I thought that was good enough. I'm all about the self-catering...I can't do hotel rooms with children. I like being able to get up, stick on a few cartoons for them and drink my tea in peace :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I thought the same tbh, I just happened to have a quick look and managed to get a 2-bed apartment with access to a hotel swimming pool (if they are open) for 260 a night. There are five of us so I thought that was good enough. I'm all about the self-catering...I can't do hotel rooms with children. I like being able to get up, stick on a few cartoons for them and drink my tea in peace :D

We booked an AirBnB house in Tipp, near Cashel for a week in July. We booked it back in February and knew we were unlikely to get abroad this summer. I had a look last week and it is pretty much booked out from June to Sept!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

TRS30 wrote: »
    We booked an AirBnB house in Tipp, near Cashel for a week in July. We booked it back in February and knew we were unlikely to get abroad this summer. I had a look last week and it is pretty much booked out from June to Sept!

Oh I'd say everywhere will be booked fairly quickly. We have free cancellation on ours so gives us the benefit of seeing the lay of the land come August before we go...I'm looking forward to "normality" but also feel extremely anxious about the restrictions being lifted....not sure if that's just me :confused::confused:

Anyway back to actual related thread content...my reason to be cheerful today is that I am, as of yesterday evening, an auntie again :D:D:D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Oh I'd say everywhere will be booked fairly quickly. We have free cancellation on ours so gives us the benefit of seeing the lay of the land come August before we go...I'm looking forward to "normality" but also feel extremely anxious about the restrictions being lifted....not sure if that's just me :confused::confused:

Anyway back to actual related thread content...my reason to be cheerful today is that I am, as of yesterday evening, an auntie again :D:D:D

Con'grat CL. Love hearing good news these days :)

Finishing a bit later than usual on a Friday however weather is great here so heading to the park to run a round with the kids for awhile before dinner.

Have a great weekend guys. been sticking to my minimal screen time at the weekends so going to try and stick to it again.

Not a bad day out there (in between the showers!), Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

I got sweet and sour chicken balls last night, and right now I'm chilling with my book before I go and make an aperol spritz... good times. :)

Pleasantly surprised with today's weather and tomorrow's forecast- was thinking the weekend would be a complete wash-out!

• Advertisement

The optimism in the chat thread is actually making me cheerful right now. :)

The optimism in the chat thread is actually making me cheerful right now. :)

Does what it says on the tin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

A few of us were talking about having a night out in the next few months when it's def got the all clear and then talk got round to the Christmas staff party so we emailed the venue just to check in and also double make sure we have the date booked with them that we agreed about November last year.
    Great to see a bit of optimism creep in to everyone in the last few weeks. :)

We have a work night out already booked- our first since September. Excite. :)

Watching Eurovision, bring on the cheese :)

Is there is an actual real live audience! Or are they CGI people? :eek: :D

There is a live audience, but some of the crowd noise is fake, I think?

Is there is an actual real live audience! Or are they CGI people? :eek: :D
    There is a live audience, but some of the crowd noise is fake, I think?

I think I heard them say there was 2.5K people in a very big space however they made it seem like much more, which would make the fake crowd noise sound likely.

Poor Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Poor Ireland :(

To be fair, other than that awful Ukrainian song & dreary Belgian song the others that got through were far better than Irelands IMO.

Whoever pieced together the stage show should have been shot too, way way overthought & far less visually striking than some of the other ones... its eurovision FFS, lots of lights, dancers & an upbeat song & bobs your uncle... :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    To be fair, other than that awful Ukrainian song & dreary Belgian song the others that got through were far better than Irelands IMO.

Whoever pieced together the stage show should have been shot too, way way overthought & far less visually striking than some of the other ones... its eurovision FFS, lots of lights, dancers & an upbeat song & bobs your uncle... :D

Like this :D

Nail. on. head. :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In 3 weeks time we will be into the 100's in the Countdown!!

Loughc wrote: »
    In 3 weeks time we will be into the 100's in the Countdown!!

And we all know how quickly the pace picks up after that!! Cant believe we're nearly into June already.

DvB wrote: »
    And we all know how quickly the pace picks up after that!! Cant believe we're nearly into June already.

2021 is kicking 2020's ass in a race!

Yessssssssssssssss :D:D

Yessssssssssssssss :D:D

Pulling the skirts off :eek:

One of the most iconic moments in EV history. Not sure you would get away with now!

I dunno, they do a lot of weird stuff these days too! And at least they did have dresses underneath the skirts!
    One of the female singers in Tuesday's semi final had a mid song costume change and ended up wearing... very very little. :pac:

Pulling the skirts off :eek:

One of the most iconic moments in EV history. Not sure you would get away with now!

Most of them wear less than that to start off with now... wouldnt have happened in my day I tells ya... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One of the female singers in Tuesday's semi final had a mid song costume change and ended up wearing... very very little. :pac:

Links? :pac:

Advertisement