Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's brilliant to hear, @CheerLouth! Great news altogether. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Brilliant news CL. Hopefully they have a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭BK5

Now that is great news @CheerLouth , delighted for you all. This will be a very Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Andrew93

Morning all. Was at the wild lights this weekend with my little elf, safe to say she loved it. Sat my 4th last accounting exam yesterday so now I have a break from studying after work and all weekend until January 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

amazing news @CheerLouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I know some people complain about the cold, but this dry clear weather i love it especially after all of the rain we got in november and october. so that's my reason to be cheerful this morning

Agree, give me dry and cold any day over rain and mild.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Completely agree!! I lvoe the cold, i love wrapping up nice and cosy and feeling fresh air on the skin, no wind and rain makes the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cold (not toooo cold mind), clear & crisp weather... bliss!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sun shining here now and up to a balmy 3 degrees!

• Advertisement

Agree give me cold and dry any day please, delighted to be able to get out for a walk this morning, took a few deep breath’s and took it all in what a gorgeous day

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The cold air feels great in the lungs doesn't it, can't beat a fresh morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

100% give me cold and bright and fresh over wet and windy any day!

I'm isolating at the moment as I've had a lovely dose of covid for the last few days, so I don't mind what the weather does, as I'll be watching it from my snuggly duvet!

Get well soon @Posy best place to be in your snuggly duvet x

Take care @Posy, hopefully you don't feel too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Get well soon @Posy I hope it's a mild dose.

Silver lining is that you will be out of isolation for Christmas Day. Hopefully you're not missing out on too much this week.

Thankfully the isolating period is alot shorter nowadays, hopefully it's a mild enough dose though @Posy and you're able to get back to normal as soon as the isolating is done.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hope you feel better soon and hope it’s mild case

Speedy recovery @Posy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope you get better soon @Posy

• Advertisement

Last full week of work for 2022 done and dusted.

Have a good one guys, stay warm and safe.

Days get longer from today! Wouldnt be long till we hear ‘Sure there’s a grand stretch in the evenings’ 😂

In the office for a half day to tidy up some bits, 'out of office' is on the email though so hoping for no late requests for anything from clients & a nice wind down day (I've gone & bloody well jinxed that now haven't i?) before we head out for the office christmas lunch & drinks...

To print off our boarding passes tomorrow & finish out the packing and after that our own personal christmas 2022 checklist will be closed!!

Enjoy the lunch, it’s been well earned!

Enjoy the drinks. Hopefully you can play as hard as you work!

Ended up driving in so was on the 0.0 peroni, drove home after a single drink in the pub after the dinner/lunch and left the serious session to the younger staff.

Officially on holidays now until 9th Jan... yay!

Done that a bit over the last while with pints of Heineken zero. No difference to me and most people have no idea your ‘not drinking’!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

After thinking that our family weddings were over for a few years (while we wait on the younger generation to get their act together), we had not one but TWO engagements over the Christmas period 😍 I love a family wedding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

We have one in September too. Been a while since we had one so we're all really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

None on the horizon here and only really two possibilities (cousins) and neither seem too pushed!

Advertisement