Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Best of luck. Finished a colleague course later in life while work as was something that always nagged at me that I can given up on when younger. The studying, assignments etc will all come back to you easier then you think.

Post edited by TRS30 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Thanks guys. Will be 49 when finishing the masters, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Andrew93

Doing mine now with 1 year left at age 29. Hard with a young family. Some days I seriously consider taking a step back and looking at it again in a few years.

Fair play for going back to it later on in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Horror of a day yesterday, was wrapping up in the office having closed out a submittal 2 days ahead of deadline only to get a call on the way home that a project we were bidding for needed a full proposal for 9.00am today and the PM responsible for it had done nothing on it for the last week, so a night on the PC was called for, just before 4am I got it finished and grabbed about an hours sleep, shower, coffee & was back up and in the office for 7am this morning.... just got the thing across there now... methinks today will be sponsored by Lavazza and I'll be heading home early to crack open a nice chilean merlot!

First bank holiday weekend of the year, unbelievably good timing for this overstressed, underpaid, overworked & greying oulfella!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

That's rough buddy, enjoy the long weekend, you deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jesus @DvB thats some slog. Mind yourself today your body will be tempted to crash at any stage.

Not with the amount of espresso's I'm putting into it!! 😆

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Wow, don't miss those rush days, fair play to you. Coffee at work then half a drink later and you'll be down for the night😴

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm switching work remits on Tuesday and I've finished my current work to be done so I've a handy afternoon ahead .Nice way to ease into the bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I haven't pulled an all nighter like that since my floppy disc got wiped the day before my assignment was due in college (showing my age 😂). I was a lot younger then and don't think I'd survive the next day in work after one hour's sleep now.

• Advertisement

not gonna lie, am struggling now. Think I'll be heading home shortly.

Took advantage of a quiet Friday afternoon before a BH and the good weather and cycled up to pick up the kids. Nice to get out for some fresh air before the last stint at the laptop.

It was really nice today. Little elf had a day off school so we walked to the cinema to see The Amazing Maurice (and had the screen to ourselves). Perfect walking weather.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s a loooong weekend!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yessssss, our first February bank holiday. 🥳

I hope DvB is already tucked up in bed! 😂

Just had a doze, feeling better so watching the last episode of the watcher on netflix. Couldn't resist seeing how this ends.

Laptop going off for 9 days!. Off to Galway next week to celebrate sister's 50th. Can't wait for a bit of family time and some R&R.

Lovely quick week this week is there anything to be said for a permanent 4 day working week.

There is SO MUCH to be said for a 4 day week. 😁

To be honest, I don't see myself working 5 days until I retire. I'll definitely shop around for other jobs in the next few years if my workplace stays inflexible on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm still walking to the bus stop in the dark but by the time I was halfway to work it was bright!

I can't wait to be back going to and leaving work in the sunshine.

The first day I get home in the bright will be a real 'dear diary' moment. 😁

It's inching closer, 28th Feb is the last day the sun will set before 6pm in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Seems like we got that extra hour very quickly. It doesn't seem like too long ago I heard that it was the last sunset before 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The joys of starting work early is that I get to finish early and I get to see daylight 😄👍

It's actually bright when I'm on my way to work now which is far less depressing than heading off on the dark!

There is a lot to be said for endorphins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Booked our holidays! Can't wait, first foreign holiday since 2018!

• Advertisement

We booked ours there a couple of weeks ago. Was great to have something concrete to look forward to in the summer.

Advertisement