Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

Same here, booked flights in early Jan but have started booking accommodation too (doing a tour around central europe) and planning the itinerary so it's all very real now and everyone is looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We have to plan leave next week when back so will have a firmer holiday plan then. Initial thought is something smaller/cheaper this year and head to States next year to see OH’s family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Friday.

& for me, the League of Ireland is back!

Bring it on!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Friday, and URC is back, happy days 😂

United game was great last night, really enjoyed it and Elf 2 is really getting into footie so something nice we can do together.

Bit of a damp start here. Letting the kids have a lazy morning and will get out for a cycle or walk later if the weather plays ball.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got a walk in on portmarnock beach with the two dogs this morning before the rain. Beach was lovely and quiet and it wasn’t too cold at all.

Lovely start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When we get to here we'll be well into the 200's!

Work done for another week.

Have a great weekend folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭BK5

First Saturday off in 3 weeks, work has been mental since the new year, settling down now so this feels like a long weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

First weekend without GAA games for weeks, so not under any real pressure this weekend. Had a couple of nice wins in work this week too so reasonably happy with the week that was.

Fingers crossed the weather isn't as bad as is forecast and everybody gets to do what they need to or want to as the case may be.

Off to get some beers in for the weekend now ina few minutes.

Have a crackin one folks.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Booked my first sun holiday since 2019!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woohoo! 😁

Nice, we still haven’t booked any holidays 😬

Nice one, what part of Wexford you heading to? 😉

Another looooong weekend on the horizon!!! Up St Patrick!

Yippeeeeeee! 🥳 ☘️☘️☘️

Although I keep getting mixed up and thinking I'm off Monday too. 😂

That’s why to avoid confusion I booked Monday off to be sure!

The girl I work with already had booked it off, so no such luck for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The long weekend 🍀😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm the same. I just associate Bank Holiday weekends with having the Monday off. And I'm never organised enough to be first to request it as a holiday day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I now kind of own a home! (Mortgaged). We meet our tenant at the weekend who is there until June 2024. Planning where we want the Christmas tree for 2024 now.

Congrats jude.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭BK5

Congratulations Jude, a big step in anyone's life. Very best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Congrats Jude, wishing you many happy years in it

Cheer's all, I came to the region in 2009 after being laid off, the plan was for 6 months, 14 years of rent later I have bought. I will likely/sadly be here for the next 10 years so it made sense.

Came very close to heading out to that part of the world in 2010 after being made redundant in the crash and having little hope of steady work for the foreseeable, it was only the discovery that we had twins on the way kept us here to be honest. Know a few still out there too having moved out around the same time, and theres another few who struggled through a year or 2 out there before coming home. Fair play for making a real go of it.

Cheers, we have a similar story, though took a different path (also never any point in me doing the know your elves as most of my answers match yours). When I left my eldest was just about to turn 1, didn't have the $ to wait to leave until after the first birthday. I have further specialized whilst here and my skills are not in demand in Ireland, though a move back to Europe is always a possibility and is the plan in the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Booked a night away next week in Gallimh for the family. Little surprise for them all - can't wait now 😀

Smashing morning out there today, have a great weekend everybody!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Car passed the NCT 🙌🙌🥳🥳🥳

Advertisement