Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I made these cookies yesterday. They're so good and the dough freezes well. Anyway, my reason to be cheerful is that I took the glorious bag of cookie dough out of the freezer earlier and put two chocolatey lumps in the oven and we had a couple of drinks with them. (My husband had a porter and I had the traditional accompaniment to a cookie - a vodka and Diet Coke. :cool:) The recipe has almost half a kilo of chocolate in it but I got 19 ice cream scoops of dough plus another scoop that I ate out of the bowl and I keep a 2kg bag of chocolate in the house at all times so I can always make emergency cookies. Stick it on your Christmas baking list!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Listening to christmas fm at 7 am on 5th March with the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Just booked a hotel in Galway for the Christmas markets this year! Have never been to one before, really looking forward to it! Anybody been?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Would really love to go somewhere for a Christmas market this year but I'm already going to so many places this year, not sure I could afford it or if I could even get anybody to go with me anyway.

I guess that 's my reason to be cheerful though, going to Rome in April, sun holiday (not sure where yet) in August and London in October! My brother is getting married in June also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

The first proper sunny day of 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'm going to be very shallow here for a minute but it has me in such a good mood I don't care ! :pac: finally found a nice Guess bag in TK maxx so was able to use my last voucher from the Toy Show! Well actually I wasn't going to get it I suffer terribly from "mommy guilt" so I insisted I didn't need it and mr glitz God love the lovely man that he is, knew how much I loved it took a sneaky pic of it so he could remember it and took a half day from work to get it for me. Came home today with it and I just love it ! I finally have an authentic Guess bag ! :D

And a box of lucky charms ... hangs head in shame while scoffing said delicious cereal :)

I started a new job. It's not a fancy job or a job that will make me a millionaire, but the owners of the company (it's a tiny Irish company so it's pretty much just them) are so open to any ideas I have and just generally lovely. And I signed up for a course that will help me to get a job in the future. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Packing up my home for pastures new. Looking at Christmas cards from over the years. It's a lovely way to spend a few hours :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations on the new job, Toto! :)

Ah that sounds lovely, Mud. I love Christmas cards.

I'm spending the weekend hitting the books. My life is so exciting right now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We went to the zoo today, it was great! Thank you Tesco vouchers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Wife and two kids chicken pox cleared up yesterday. decent sleep last night for the first time in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Christmas Day is on Sunday this year! Yay lots of days off :)

It means I'll have Christmas eve off for the first time in several years. :):)

It's June!! :):)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    It's June!! :):)

Woah we're half way there. Woah living on a prayer.

Also the sunny weather would definitely be a reason to be cheerful.

We've used the BBQ more this week than we did during the entire crappy summer we had a few years ago. Absolutely loving this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Into the "one hundreds" on the countdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Into the "one hundreds" on the countdown!

Almost half way there :)

I'm wearing my Christmas t-shirt today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's dark and gloomy outside, lights on inside and I'm listening to the Nutcracker in full - it's almost like Christmas :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

miamee wrote: »
    It's dark and gloomy outside, lights on inside and I'm listening to the Nutcracker in full - it's almost like Christmas :D

The dark dreary weather today made it feel very Christmassy today. Roll on winter :D

I'm already looking forward to buying my winter coat and gloves. :D

I'm already looking forward to buying my winter coat and gloves. :D

Penneys had their Autumn/Winter launch today and I was picking out my winter coat from the pictures on Twitter.

It's July!!

The Brown Thomas Christmas shop is actually opening next month. :D

It's July!!

The Brown Thomas Christmas shop is actually opening next month. :D

Omg !! :D nearly chocked on my cereal when I read that lol :) it's so close !!!! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

S learned to ride a proper bike today!!! I'm so proud of him, he can even come to a proper stop using the brakes despite his bike being so much bigger than his balance bike.

Then when we came home he insisted on reading his own bedtime story and read nearly the entire book by himself! He's getting so grown up and he's only 3 years and 9 months old tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I received an email yesterday from Winterval Waterford to tell me that their tickets for this year go on sale on Monday 5th September. The countdown is on :pac:

It's Friday and September, another month closer! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

A robin chirping away on the roof of next door's house woke me this morning....:)

Advertisement