Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭DvB

G'wan Leinster!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭tscul32

Would have been wt the match only we had a night away booked. Instead had to find a pub that would show it (man utd match on at the same time). But then we stayed for the next match to see who we'd be playing in the semis 😄

G'wan the dubs!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭BK5

As a Royal I can't thank your post DvB 🤣, wish we could get back to the days when these games were competitive.

Booked a few days away in Spain today, going in just two weeks. With Mam dying two weeks ago I just said to the wife - life is for living. Cousin has a place over there, getting it for free, cheap flights because we could be flexible with days and times.

Just going to go over there and chill out for 5 days.

• Advertisement

I'm still bitter over the 4 game saga in the early 90s... 😉

All kidding aside the GAA need to do something, croker was about a quarter full today, 10 years ago that would have had 60k at least at it.

Championship starts too early imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, that sounds lovely, @BK5. I hope you are doing okay. ❤️

I was at them games in '91. The Leinster championship is a joke at this stage alright.

Doing ok, still hasn't sunk in fully to be honest but Dad is doing well so that's the main thing. Thanks for your post.

Yeah enjoy the break, getting away from the day to day will do you good given everything you've been through. And you're spot on, life is for living, think we all allow ourselves to forget that far too much.

• Advertisement

I was at the 3 draws, was working for the fourth and was gutted when we blew it at the death.

Great drama though, made the championship, especially with no back door in those days.

Sickener was after those 4 epic games we ended up playing 11 games in the championship that year and didn't even win it!

Cork beat ye in the final after a replay was it?

Down beat us in the final, they got off to a good lead and we hadn't the energy to catch them.

Just checked and Meath played 10 games that year and it took us 8 just to win Leinster!

Into the 100s on the countdown tomorrow... always a solid marker that one.

Aaaaaaaand we're into the 100s!

Heading over to Slovakia on Wednesday evening for a few days. Meals 6 to 10 euros, pints about 1.30 to 1.50 and weather for Thursday is for rain but Fri, Sat & Sun is 24 degrees and sunny. Can't wait, get me out of here!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can I come too. I’ll hide in the stow away and won’t make a fuss.

Ha ha, would if I could pal. My wife and myself shagged off to Spain in April after my Mam died in March for 4 days on the cheapest flights we could get. If you can at all get away for a bit of R&R try to take it, glad to see you back on here ❤️

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I literally wanted to go away abroad for 4 days too but need to find someone to mind the two kids.

• Advertisement
Advertisement