Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

washiskin wrote: »
    A robin chirping away on the roof of next door's house woke me this morning....:)

We have a Robin that our kids are currently stalking. We got a bird feeder and bath in home store and more and the poor kids get worried when they haven't seen the Robin pop back for his dinner. ( nana may have told them that the Robin carries news back to santa :p )

It's lovely to see robins in the garden. All we are missing is some snow and it be a picture perfect Christmas card :)

Got a phone call today from our key social worker ! We starting our home visits so getting more likely we will have a foster child in time for Christmas !! Super excited here today ! Now if that's not motivation to go clean my house before christmas I don't know what is :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Got a phone call today from our key social worker ! We starting our home visits so getting more likely we will have a foster child in time for Christmas !! Super excited here today ! Now if that's not motivation to go clean my house before christmas I don't know what is :p

Ah that's fantastic Glitzgirl. Fostering is such a wonderful thing to do. Whoever the lucky child is will be going into such a loving joyful home!

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah that's fantastic Glitzgirl. Fostering is such a wonderful thing to do. Whoever the lucky child is will be going into such a loving joyful home!

Thanks Loughc ! Your such a sweetie :) im getting super excited now !! Can't wait. Tuesday will take forever to come around :p

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Into the "two hundreds" on the countdown!

Loughc has said it already elsewhere, but felt this thread needed a bump!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

4 Day working week and Monday is already done!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

4 day work week last week. 4 day work week this week. 4 day work week next week :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Reason to be cheerful: our little boy was born on march 6th. He's amazing! Christmas had definitely arrived super early in our house!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Reason to be cheerful: our little boy was born on march 6th. He's amazing! Christmas had definitely arrived super early in our house!

Ah that's fantastic news. Congratulations!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations, Shoe Lover!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations to you both and welcome to your little boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Congrats, welcome to the no sleep club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Jude13 wrote: »
    Congrats, welcome to the no sleep club.

We have a two year old already, we are used to it lol!

We have a two year old staying with us for a week, zero sleep.

Reason to be cheerful, 1 day till check in for my flight home, then a week till I get hitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

You'll be very busy for the next week so. Congratulations and best of luck, have a great day and a great marriage :)

I would be but I have friends with a 2 year old and 4 year old staying with me, should have thought this through. I need sleep. Thanks for the congrats though.

We have a two year old staying with us for a week, zero sleep.

Reason to be cheerful, 1 day till check in for my flight home, then a week till I get hitched.

Great news! Enjoy the build up and all the excitement that comes with it. I take it ye are getting married back in Ireland?

Yup, getting married in Dublin, you're getting hitched soon too? Whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That's so exciting, Jude. Hope you have a fantastic time.

Yup, getting married in Dublin, you're getting hitched soon too? Whereabouts?

Not until June for me. Getting married in Dublin too.

• Advertisement

Nice one, hope it all goes well for you especially the planning!

Nice one, hope it all goes well for you especially the planning!

Thanks. Same to you. Have a great wedding day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is my last 5 day week until May :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Christmas is only 8 months away! :D
    Only 6 months 'til we see Christmas things trickling into shops!
    Lots of time for planning!

8 months already!

My reason to be cheerful is this beautiful weather. I love this time of year.

That weather on Saturday made for a lovely day out and about.

Loughc wrote: »
    That weather on Saturday made for a lovely day out and about.

It was fab. Got the grass cut and hung out a wash on the line for the first time this year. It really is the little things!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

One of *those* days so I am listening to a Christmas playlist to cheer me up and power me through a couple more hours of work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Had a day :) with unexpectedly good results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I'm off to Lanzarote on Sunday :D:D

Advertisement